Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Not enough trick-or-treaters on "Spooky" type holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except vampires, RGS, MFPS, KRS, LPS.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a holiday with "Trick or Treating" as a tradition.
What happens when the bug occurs? At most, I have only ever seen two trick-or-treaters appear on a lot. This doesn't seem intentional, and makes it very difficult to complete the tradition on more than one sim.
What do you expect to see? More trick-or-treaters throughout the afternoon/evening.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is a Seasons issue, since it's holiday related.

Hello, I looked for a specific thread on this but couldn't find one in the answers forum. As stated, it seems like there is an unintentionally low number of trick-or-treaters showing up when I create a holiday with the "Trick or Treat" tradition. I've played through my custom Halloween holiday four times, and each time I've seen exactly two trick-or-treaters show up. Would be nice if that could be increased (especially before October). And it would be very cute if parents brought their toddlers around, but at the very least we just need more kids showing up.

Also, already posted about this in the appropriate thread, but also please add the Spooky Stuff costumes to the "Wear Costumes" tradition!

Thank you

Message 1 of 9 (4,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Not enough trick-or-treaters on "Spooky" type holida

Hero

Child and Teen Sims are now spawning to knock on doors during the holiday season with trick or treat.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (3,559 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hi @PansekshuElle

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 2 of 9 (4,449 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hey there, thanks for responding. I made a new save to test a few things, and this might help. I used the Goth family, brand new save, no mods.

I played a holiday with the Trick or Treat tradition 4 days in a row. Watched the front door like a hawk. These were the results:

Day 1: (Traditions of Decorate, Trick or Treat, Wear Costumes, and Spooky Spirit) Two Trick-or-treaters, first at ~4:30pm second at ~5pm. 

Day 2: (Trick or Treat tradition only) Seven Trick-or-treaters, first at 4:15pm, last just before 8pm. 6 of the 7 were teens. I noticed that there were a whole lot of teens, and also that Alex Goth couldn't do the trick or treat interactions despite having the tradition objective. That seemed odd. 

Day 3: (Trick or Treat and Costumes traditions) Five Trick-or-treaters, again between about 4:15pm and 7:55pm. All teens.

Day 4: (Same traditions as day 1) Zero Trick-or-Treaters.

So it might have something to do with combining it with other traditions?

I thought the fact that almost all of the Trick-or-Treaters were teens was a little odd. Might just be chance. I think there was one child on day 1, but I didn't have Alex Goth interact with them, so idk if children can't do the Trick or Treat actions with teens or if they just can't do it at all. 

Save file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_YYnral0jiBI53mpJdGpy4RhpfRuoCnE

Hope this is helpful!

Message 3 of 9 (4,428 Views)

Hero
Added this as needs input for now to see if others have this as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (4,355 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Not enough trick-or-treaters on "Spooky" type ho

★★★★ Apprentice
In one test save I created a Halloween holiday with Trick or Treat and Wear Costumes, but there were absolutely no trick or treaters. I was spying at the front door all Sim day while the holiday happened.
Message 5 of 9 (4,281 Views)

★★★ Guide
I agree there's hardly ever any trick or treaters. Also when there are any, 90% of then are teens. Where are all the children. I'd expect more of them over teens.
Message 6 of 9 (4,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'm having this issue on PS4. The first Halloween I had none. Second I had 1 teen. The third I had 3, also all teens. The fourth none, and I'm on my fifth now and it's looking like there's going to be none. I have trick or treating as a tradition and wear costumes but there's almost no one in costumes. The ghosts do come out at night at least. 

Edit: I had two trick or treaters, both teens. Townies started wearing costumes in the evening so that works at least. 

Message 7 of 9 (4,146 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I also noticed that children don’t have the trick or treat options IF trick or treaters come to the door.  

Only adults have the option to click on trick or treat. 

Any idea if this is being fixed?

Message 8 of 9 (4,080 Views)

Hero

Child and Teen Sims are now spawning to knock on doors during the holiday season with trick or treat.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (3,560 Views)