Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] No Trick or Treating during holiday

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff and RoM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a holiday that includes the tradition to trick or treat.
What happens when the bug occurs? No children or teens come to the lot to receive a trick or a treat. Sims in the household (including children) also do not have the option to ask for a trick or treat to NPC's. Even with the Bowl of Frights (from Spooky Stuff) out in the porch NPC's won't spawn to get their treats.
What do you expect to see? I expect the interaction to ask for a trick or treat to be available between sims, when the holiday includes the "Trick or Treat" tradition, and NPC's spawning in the home lot to ask for them as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not much to add, the NPC's simply don't spawn and the interaction to ask for a trick or treat isn't even available for some odd reason while the holiday tradition to "Trick or treat" occurs.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (2,097 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Trick or Treating during holiday

Hero

Child and Teen Sims are now spawning to knock on doors during the holiday season with trick or treat.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (2,037 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Whether my Sims get trick or treaters is very inconsistent it seems. My legacy family who lives in Strangerville NEVER gets them, ever. But I was playing a household in the same save that lives in an apartment during the last time Spooky Day came up, and they got about 8 of them I think. I never use the "Private Dwelling" lot trait if that helps, because I could see that being a problem but that definitely is not the only thing that can cause it. 

I haven't paid attention as to whether or not the trick or treat interaction is coming up on active Sims....will have to look for that next time the holiday comes up in my save. 

Message 2 of 13 (2,030 Views)

★ Guide

In my save my sims were living in Willow Creek and didn't get any....I'll have to test if they show up in apartments.

Message 3 of 13 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @Sigzy05!

First of all, thanks so much for your report on this issue! We appreciate you taking the time to raise this to us!

Speaking of save files, would you mind sharing your save file with our team so we can have a closer look into this? That would be super awesome! :eahigh_file:

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share files with our team.

Also, please have a look at this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Not-enough-trick-or-treaters-on-quot-Spooky-quot-type/m...
Does this match what you obeserved? If so, you can hit the [Me Too] button on that report and let us know if it's the same so we can merge your report over. Standard smile

Thanks and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 13 (1,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sul Sul! @SimGuruKuxiku I believe this is a link to the save... I believe this version is the one where the Holiday is still happening don't know if that helps. It's a little hard to know which save is actually the one that I want in the folders because they don't have the name I saved the save as, it's just numbers and multiple versions with different dates but I do believe this is the right one.

Either way I hope this helps. Here is the link to the save:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al9ku2bqxWZpmEAnE5jP1ihsZPyT?e=Lj19Ie

I'm not sure if it's the same issue as that report....I haven't seen any at all in my game, not even 1 or 2 have spawned. It could stem from the same issue though.

Message 5 of 13 (1,956 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul again, @Sigzy05!

Thank you so much for the save file and for the additional clarification!

Much appreciated! Badeesh!!! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 13 (1,904 Views)

★★★ Guide

I noticed this too. Interestingly the trick or treating worked the last time Spookyfest (what I named it) came arround. A couple days ago I got Spooky Stuff pack and when the holiday came arrond this time there were no trick or treaters 😞

Message 7 of 13 (1,874 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Not enough trick-or-treaters on "Spooky" type holidays

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. Except I get no trick or treaters at all.

Message 8 of 13 (1,826 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Nashra85 Thank you for bringing attention to this! I have also never seen a single trick or treater.
Message 9 of 13 (1,778 Views)

Hero
@Nashra85 Moving your post over to the thread for no trick or treating.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,768 Views)