Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] No Tattoos in Hot/Cold Weather Outfits

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020 (August 8, 2019 Patch)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Jungle Adventure, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff and Laundry Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim or edit an existing sim, go onto the Hot or Cold Weather outfit category, then click on Tattoos.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's no selectable tattoos in the list at all, not even ones already on the sim.
What do you expect to see? A list of tattoos I can add to my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Some other things I've noticed about this bug:

• This bug could have existed in the previous patch, but I don't recall seeing it. I'm pretty sure it's a new one though.
  • This could possibly be linked to another existing bug where tattoos don't apply to every outfit. (this bug has been reported and EA is aware of it.)

I can confirm after the October 4 Patch that this bug is still occurring for me. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] No Tattoos in Hot/Cold Weather Outfits

Hero

Hot and Cold outfit categories will no longer filter tattoos upon re-entry.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63  .. or so I hope

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,150 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictAriaMad2 Hi! You might want to check out this forum as you seem to be having the same problem? - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MAC-Tattoos-and-Skin-Details-don-t-apply-to-all-outfits/m...
Message 2 of 10 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BethGibson3690 This is just a part of the issue mac users are having. It's NOT the same but mac users basically have both issues.

Issue 1 (mac only): Skin/Tattoo do not carry over to any other outfits. You have to set them on each outfit.
Issue 2 (both mac & pc): None of the tattoos are properly categorized for seasonal outfits. It does work on PC if you put them on in another category.

So yeah, these should stay separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Oh ok! Also I don't know wether this is an issue with the game but my family's careers keep overlapping?
Message 4 of 10 (2,566 Views)

Hero
@BethGibson3690 If you're unsure if it's a bug, post a thread in the tech forum and someone can help you out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,560 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I am probably being really dumb but how can I post a thread?
Message 6 of 10 (2,555 Views)

Hero
@BethGibson3690 Here's a little AHQ tutorial: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Welcome-to-the-Sims-Section-of-AHQ/m-p/693...

There's a new topic button on the right hand side. It's sometimes not very visible or you have to wait for it to appear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,552 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm on a mac and have both problems. Trouble is the sim I was making has base game tattoos from the initial build because the very FIRST time you apply details they spread like they should, however I found more accurate tattoos in CC (Based on a real-ish character) that I wanted to replace their current tattoos, and painstakingly went through all the outfits, 30 at least, to apply each one individually, but the last 10 are in hot and cold gear and now they're stuck with these random base game tattoos. Been looking for mods, even to use MCCC to copy the tattoos over to all outfits but nothing works anymore. It's been months since the first report of this issue with no solutions so, I'm just stuck and it sucks. Either I have to start over because I wanted to change one detail, or I find a stronger cheat/mod that actually works.

Message 8 of 10 (2,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For anyone still having this problem, I've discovered a MOD solution at least in the mean time. The mode UnifyHMT will match the Hair, Makeup, and/or Tattoos from everyday outfit 1 to every other existing outfit for the character (including nude). This also works for HOT and COLD outfits IF you use the fan-edited version which includes Seasons (the OG creator vanished). I'll still include the site for the instructions but I STRONGLY recommend you read the comments first for help, and the fan-edited link (which I'll also provide but still go to the site as it requires instructions. Also, do NOT (repeat NOT) unzip the folder. Just put it in your mods folders still zipped. I don't know why or how, but that's how it works. If you unzip it, it won't work. 

<Removed by CM>

And in case you refuse to open the link and just download the second link, here's a brief rundown on instructions.
1. Design your character with the perfect makeup, hair, and tattoos in Everyday #1 only (you can still edit other outfits, but they'll be adjusted anyways).

2. EXIT CAS. Does NOT work while in CAS.

3. In Live Mode ONLY, open Cheat commands (shift+Ctrl+C) and type one of several prompts:

- unifyhmt h m t - Repeats the hair, make up, and tattoos of whatever characters is currently being played. You can also spell out Hair, Make Up, and/or Tattoos for the same result but just using the letter is easy enough.

unifyhmt Bella Goth h m t - Same as above only selects Bella Goth (as an NPC, or the name of ANY character in game) instead of the player controlled character. You can also just use one of the three letters much like the three options below.

unifyhmt h - Only replaces hair of selected character. You can also spell out hair and it still works if you want.

- unifyhmt m - Only replaces makeup of selected character. You can also spell out makeup and it still works if you want.

unifyhmt t - Only replaces hair of selected character. You can also spell out tattoo and it still works if you want.

That's the general gist but I still recommend reading the instructions above. I can verify this works all the way up to the Moschino pack but ONLY if you get the second version of the mod, which you can also find in the comment thread of the original mod. I'm only including the original mod for the instructions but I assure you it does NOT work anymore.

Message 9 of 10 (2,465 Views)

Hero

Hot and Cold outfit categories will no longer filter tattoos upon re-entry.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63  .. or so I hope

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,151 Views)