Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] NPC Sims not wearing Festive outfits outside Strangerville

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just create a holiday with the "Be Festive" tradition (or any other that spawn special walkbys like Spooky Spirit and Go Streaking) and play for few hours on StrangerVille and after that, go to any other world.
What happens when the bug occurs? Outside StrangerVille, the special walkbys of traditions just don't occur.
What do you expect to see? Sims walking around the neighborhood dressed with special outfits/nude (according to the tradition)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Maybe after installing StrangerVille. I've just realized.

Well, as you read, in my game when I play outside StrangerVille, I'm not able to see  any sim dressed with the "Be Festive" special ouftis. 

What I mean is: 

This is the Tradition I'm talking about

0.jpg

This traditions forces Walkbys after 10 am of sims dressed like this:

1.jpg

As you can see, in StrangerVille this walkbys spawn correctly. 

2.jpg

In this screen, you can see that almost every sim is dressed for the tradition. But when I go to other any other world, this doesn't happen. 

I've waited for hours and no sim spawns  properly dressed. I took my Sims 4 Documents folder out and played with no mods. 

I hope this is not an isolated issue. 

Thank you so much! 

Message 1 of 19 (2,087 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No "trick or treat" kids and teens outside Strangerville and San M

★ Guide

Fixed with patch 1.58

15-11-2019_0-50-00.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 19 (2,107 Views)

All Replies

Re: NPC Sims not wearing Festive outfits outside Strangerville

Hero
@Marquillotuca89 If you live in a different world, do they spawn ?

Maybe it's just a matter of they only spawn in the world you live in

Would be good if you could test moving to another world and then doing the same and see if they spawn. If they do, travel to another world and see if they spawn there.

If they just spawn in your homeworld, this could potentially be by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,034 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks a lot for the reply @crinrict ! 

To be clear, in the past, it worked on all of the worlds, not only the one you live in. 

I've tried what you told me and they keep spawning only on StrangerVille. I know after StrangerVille, they ajusted the filters for walkbys to avoid the spawning of infected Sims in other worlds, maybe that has something to do. (and I just realized because I lived in StrangerVille and didin't haver the chance to play a lot)  

Message 3 of 19 (2,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey guys! 

I found that I had a backup of the StrangerVille patch version. After some hours trying to figure out how to make the game works, I did it so I could test the tradition on that version of the game. You can find my testing on this video. 

As you can see, it seems that the problem starts when I install the last patch. Just to clarify things, I tested the game without my mod too and the result was the same that is shown on the video. 

The short story is when I played with StrangerVille patch everything worked smoothly, but when I install the Island Living Patch, the NPC's don't spawn. 

I would thank if somebody could try the same on their game and see if this a common bug. 

Thanks a lot! 

Message 4 of 19 (1,991 Views)

Champion (Retired)

For some reason I never expected to see Sims dressed differently for that tradition. I did some research and found a guide listing the holiday traditions.
Quoting from the guide:
Festive Spirit - Be festive and jolly with friends and family. To participate, use festive socials such as Lighting the Holiday Tree, Ask if Good or Bad, or Belly Laugh.
Loved by: Art Lover, Creative, Childish, and Family-Oriented Sims
Ignored by: Toddlers, Evil, Hates Children, Materialistic, and Snob Sims

- EQ
Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.52.100.1020
All content installed thru Island Living.
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 19 (1,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen Actually, on the game code you can see that Maxis added some tuning for NPC's. They force walkbys of sims dressed according to the tradition. (Even, bienchen created a mod to stop that  ) 

Right now I've tried everything I could but nothing seems to work. And I don't know if this is an isolated issue neither. 

Message 6 of 19 (1,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I made other testing and the Trick or treats teenagers and kids didn't spawn outside StrangerVille. Confused

I wasn't able to accomplish the tradition because there were no teens or kids to ask for tricks or treats on my house door on Sulani. 

Message 7 of 19 (1,937 Views)

★ Novice
@Marquillotuca89 I'm having the same problem.

I'm not using mods right now.This happened after last patch. 1.51.75 and 1.51.77 are not the cause because I've used traditions like Spooky Spirit or Wear Costumes and seemed to work properly with those patches.
Message 8 of 19 (1,912 Views)

★ Guide
@LaNila_97 I hope EA notices this.
Message 9 of 19 (1,890 Views)

★ Novice

I hope so

Message 10 of 19 (1,874 Views)