by avoidtheclapp

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] [NKSP] Knitting doesn't count as Arts & Crafts for Scouting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Knit as a scout
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing!
What do you expect to see? Knitting count as an art or craft! Gotta get those scout accolades!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Knitting is a craft! Or an art!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 7 (890 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [NKSP] Knitting doesn't count as Arts & Crafts for Sco

★★★ Novice
@avoidtheclapp There are quite a few of these problems. I think there is a related bug regarding conservation activities not counting as outdoor or really anything done in sulani not counting as an outdoor activity as well. EA should please remember to update the scouting activity, its one of the few indepth systems we have for kids.
Message 2 of 7 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Aury120 I agree i think its more that the activity has not been updated / included as a scouting activity rather then a bug but none the less. going back to the topic i can atleast confirm knitting does not count towards the badges as of yet.
Message 3 of 7 (726 Views)

Seasons/NK Oversight

★★ Guide

In the scout after-school activity that came with Seasons, knitting craftables do not count towards the arts and crafts badge.  This is a bit worrisome, IMO, because it might mean that cross-stitching also wouldn't count towards that specific badge in spite of how, IMO, they definitely should.

Message 4 of 7 (733 Views)

Re: Seasons/NK Oversight

Hero
@verfens Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (699 Views)

[S][KNSP][CoL] Knitting / Cross-stitch doesn't count as Crafts (Scout Badge)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL packs & kits BUT: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic / Strangerville / Vampires SP: MFPS / Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis / Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have your sim (kid - teen) join the Scout career (Seasons EP). 2. Try to earn an Arts & Crafts badge by Knitting / Cross-stitching
What happens when the bug occurs? You will not get a badge.
What do you expect to see? Get an Arts & Crafts badge by doing crafts (Knitting / Cross-stitching)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Knitting and Cross-stitching doesn't count as Crafts for the Arts & Crafts Badge in the Scout career.

Message 6 of 7 (655 Views)

★ Guide

Yea my little scout started cross stitching just to notice that she doesn't get scout badges from it Frown Knitting and cross stitching should count to the arts and crafts badge.

Message 7 of 7 (513 Views)