by LantisBo

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Kids/Teens get option to go to school on holiday

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, GP and Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Make a holiday and check the box for 'Day off of work/school. 2. Have a child in the household. 3. Wait until 8.00 am on the holiday. 4. You can see that the button for 'Go to school' appears in the 'Career' panel but when you click on it nothing happens since they don't actually have school that day.
What happens when the bug occurs? It gives you the option to go to school but when you click on the button nothing happens and they can't go to school because they don't actually have school that day.
What do you expect to see? That the option to go to school shouldn't appear and instead it should say 'Holiday' like it does before 8:00 am.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug happens whit and without cc/mods, and I tried it on a new save as well and it still occurred. Other people have reported it happening too. This may or may not happen to adults with a job too but I haven't had time to test it out, and I think it happened before the most recent patch (Feb 5th) too but I can't say for certain.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (4,973 Views)

Re: Kids won't go to school

Hero

Did you try a factory reset yet ?

If not, try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (4,944 Views)

★ Apprentice

But like I said,  I don't know what caused the issue, so I most likely won't be able to recreate it in a new save. So I don't see the point in a factory reset.

Message 3 of 20 (4,933 Views)

Hero
You can test with your current save after the reset. Just put your save back but nothing else and see how it goes.

They might not go the that day so make sure to play through at least a few days to see if it triggers them to go the next or the day after that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (4,928 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same problem but on ps4. I see a lot of pc advice but nothing I could do for me. Any idea on where I should look or what I should  do. Regardless of how many times I press go to school nothing happens. Work days also turn into holidays automatically. I only have the regular sims delux, city living  and seasons

Message 5 of 20 (4,917 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well then I just found the solution to my problem. Turns out it was because there was a holiday but for some reason the sims team decided to put the 'go to school' button there even though its a holiday and you can't go to school. Maybe they should fix that so someone else wont have to spend ages trying to figure out why they cant send their kids to school. Cause just before theyre about to go to school it says 'Holiday' instead of 'School starts in -' but then when school should start the 'go to school' button appears but clicking it doesnt do anything.

Message 6 of 20 (4,914 Views)

Hero
There's a known bug where work days turn into holidays but it's best if you created a new thread for that for console @Randolf_Miller

@LantisBo So the next day it was fine or do you also have the issue that all work days turn into holidays ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (4,903 Views)

★ Apprentice

I realised that that may be the problem so I made a new save and added a holiday where you get a day off work/school and the same thing happend so that must be why. The next day should work fine.

Message 8 of 20 (4,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @LantisBo 

yeah, that doesn't sound right and like a bug that should be fixed.

Could you edit your error report (first post) to add that bit of info you just found ?

I'll add it to the list on the next round. Already forwarded.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (4,885 Views)

★ Apprentice

Edited the bug report so that should be good to go

Message 10 of 20 (4,878 Views)