by LantisBo

Original Post

Re: Kids won't go to school

Hero
Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (1,207 Views)

Re: Kids won't go to school

Hero
Added to list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (1,194 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Kids get option to go to school on holiday

★★ Novice

I hit me too, as I'm also having this problem. For more info, this happened with a teen on a holiday I created--I haven't tested with a base game holiday yet.

However, I'd like to put my input in on this. While I believe the bug (choosing the "go to school" option does nothing) should be fixed, I disagree that the option to send them to school/work on a holiday they would normally have off should be disabled. Sometimes you just need one more day to get the promotion you want, and even if that day lands on a holiday you should still have the option to send them. I don't mind having to send them to work/school myself as long as the option actually works.

Message 13 of 20 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've enocuntered it with both children, teens and adults 

Message 14 of 20 (1,107 Views)

Hero
@LewdChelsea Teens and adults can't go to work/school either ? The option is there on purpose as you can work on a holiday if you choose to do so.

For children just nothing happens though (it's possible that it's the same for teens but adults go to work for me unless they are in an non-rabbithole job but that has it's own thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (1,089 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve tested it and when you set a consistent holiday it’ll be a permanent holiday. But I’ve only seen it once otherwise it’ll give me the option to go to school or work but only the adults are able to go even when it’s supposed to say holiday 

Message 16 of 20 (1,074 Views)

Hero
@LewdChelsea Added teens to the title then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 20 (1,070 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are there any plans to fix to this yet? I'm experiencing this too with my teens where the button shows up to go to school during Winterfest, but the button does nothing.

Message 18 of 20 (969 Views)

Hero
@mewsKast EA doesn't give ETAs on Fixes so no one knows.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (939 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Kids/Teens get option to go to school on holiday

★ Guide

I didn't realize this was a bug. I just figured it was the way things were but the sims never autonomously went to school/work which I appreciated. Definitely happens to me still

Message 20 of 20 (718 Views)