@crinrict: Thanks!

Message 11 of 34 (2,772 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Joggers freeze to death when they stop jogging

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 34 (2,754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if it counts as "joggers" freezing to death but I just played a game where it was fall but the temperature was freezing. Several neighborhood townies dropped dead in a span of minutes because they were outside playing with leaves or walking around. All of the people who died were wearing everyday or athletic clothing for some reason even though I couldn't really see that they had been exercising. I ended up disabling temperature reactions in my game for now, but I'm hoping it gets fixed soon.

Message 13 of 34 (2,716 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Joggers freeze to death when they stop jogging

★★ Apprentice

Yep, just had a Sim die due to this the other day. One of my favorite ones, at that. Would be nice if they changed into warm clothing by themselves. If you interact with them at all while they're out on their jog, they'll stop jogging and this will happen. 

Message 14 of 34 (2,648 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Related, but I had one of my sims die at the gym because he was in sportswear and wouldn't go inside, but I thought it was hilarious so I let it happen.
Then another townie in sportswear sat there crying at his tombstone for like 3 hours and ALSO froze to death.
They should definitely have had winter clothes on, but also it was really funny tbh
Message 15 of 34 (2,607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mods, what further input does the team need to begin addressing this bug? I'm constantly concerned during the "winter" days that my sims will freeze to death. A lot of them go jogging when it's freezing outside, and when I see them jog past my active household I save the game in case they drop dead in another 5 steps. Shouldn't there be a function where if the sim stops exercizing they automatically change into their cold weather gear?

Message 16 of 34 (2,599 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm playing a household in Willow Creek with Winter that lasts one week, and I've had 6 sims die from freezing to death because they stop jogging but won't get out of their athletic gear.

(All of the dead sims were male and premade sims, but that might be coincidence)

Message 17 of 34 (2,571 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have seen this issue as well, but I also see it when I go to the gym in the winter. All the NPCs and some of my other played households show up dressed in their athletic clothing. Promptly, they freeze to death because they won't go into the gym. It kills both NPCs and previously played households (of which are approx five households totaling 12-ish sim). I then end up with several tombstones sitting outside the gym because everyone stops to watch/cry the dying sim.

As a result, I have had to stop visiting the gym lots in the winter. This happens at all gym lots from each expansion pack (all).

Message 18 of 34 (2,490 Views)

★★ Guide

This issue can also be caused by having an outdoor basketball kit. Sims will play basketball, but won't change back into their winter clothing causing them to freeze to death.

Message 19 of 34 (2,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still seeing this issue? Could you possibly share a save file where you've encountered it happening? You can DM the link to the save to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 34 (5,580 Views)