Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Joggers freeze to death when they stop jogging

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the sims and you will see jogging sims but when they stop jogging, they will freeze.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims freeze when they jog in the freezing cold. Not WHILE they jog but after they jog. Because they don't change back into winter clothing
What do you expect to see? sims to not jog in the freezing cold or change at least back into winter clothing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had to make a new thread......

ps: @StarryMight on the other tread you said I had said something to LittleMsSam on the Discord, but I didn't say anything on Discord since I'm not in any sim group. So idk who did say something but it wasn't me. Standard smile I couldn't reply on the tread since they locked it -_-

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 6 of 34 (4,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Joggers freeze to death when they stop jogging

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still seeing this issue? Could you possibly share a save file where you've encountered it happening? You can DM the link to the save to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 20 of 34 (5,618 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims jog in cold weather freezing themselves

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict: I was just on LittleMsSam's Tumblr...:

"Also the 'WeatherNPCDeathFix' seems to be still needed. I got some feedback on discord where players who took the mod out to test EAs Fix where again seeing frozen Joggers laying around. So keep an eye out for your Joggers and if it happens to you too you can try again with the WeatherNPCDeathFix. (The WeatherNPCDeathFix does not need an Update so far unless EA changed something in their 'fix' which requires more files etc"

What do you think, though? (I still don't have Seasons and haven't updated yet, but I'd thought I'd ask about this, anyway.)

EDIT: I just remembered you're at Gamescon. X-D Don't worry, I can wait. ^_^

Message 1 of 34 (4,185 Views)

★ Guide

One of my sim's best friends just died right in front of her house because she was in sports clothes while it was freezing cold. 

I mean.... When they jog, it probably won't freeze them but when they stop jogging, they don't go back to winter clothes. So they WILL freeze afterwards. 

My playable sim does change to winter clothes tho. But the NPCs don't. 

Message 2 of 34 (4,106 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Kimo0wW@crinrict: Maybe that's the real cause of the bug being seemingly "Fixed Not Fixed", though?

Message 3 of 34 (4,095 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah that's why I put it in here.

Message 4 of 34 (4,073 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Kimo0wW: I passed along what you said to LittleMsSam on her Discord earlier. Here's her response:

"Can be and makes sense. As fas [sic] as i know their fix was to add a immun [sic] buff to the jogging interaction. But if they stop the jogging the [sic] are open to die again^^"

Ergo, they fixed what turned out to be one half of the problem, methinks. Thinking

Message 5 of 34 (4,062 Views)

Re: Sims not to go jogging in the freezing cold

★★★★★ Guide

@Kimo0wW: I didn't say you said anything to her personally, I said I passed along what you said (in the other topic) to her (I linked to your post in the other report). Sorry for any confusion, though! Oops

Message 7 of 34 (4,045 Views)

★ Guide

Ohh. I see it now. I read it as you passed along what I had said to her on discord. I don't even know how I read it like that, I'm sorry. 

Message 8 of 34 (4,037 Views)

Champion
I'm seeing cold joggers too. They fixed a few of the types of joggers roles (such as "walker_jogger") by adding temperature immunity to them, but they seem to have missed "Open streets jogger" because when I looked, that did not have the temperature immunity buff added to that role.

That type of jogger seems to arrive jogging, then go do other stuff like play in leaf piles before leaving. But if it's cold they will quickly get uncomfortable.
Message 9 of 34 (4,024 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the new thread.

Moved all the reports from after the fix over to this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (4,012 Views)