by loyabe

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Invisible sims walking in the rain

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, All game packs except Parenthood, All stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a day when it's raining look around the neighborhood for the rain drops walking down the sidewalk like a sim would normally walk.
What happens when the bug occurs? When it's raining I can see drops of rain walking down the sidewalk like a sim is walking. If I get close to the area, I can hear the footsteps of a sim walking and the sim opening/closing their umbrella. The only problem is that the sim is completely invisible.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sims who are walking around.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I found a gif on the forums of what I'm seeing. I can see the footsteps splashing the rain and hear the sims walking, so I know it's not just rain effects.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (1,773 Views)

Re: [S] Invisible sims walking in the rain

Hero

Hi @LiaRose1435

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,743 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's my dxdiag. I've also tried repairing my game and that didn't fix it either. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,734 Views)

Hero
Could you make sure that the game runs on your card: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Setting-Up-a-Graphics-Card-Gaming-Profile/td-p/5704790 and not the chip

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,715 Views)

★ Pro

I have been noticing this since seasons as well, easiest to see in the rain as you can still see the footsteps.

It seems in my game when Sims are supposed to leave the neighbourhood, they go to end of road and disappear but there not gone you just can not see them anymore. They are still walking around the neighbourhood, so can not be invited over as there close by.

I have no mods/cc, have seen it occurring on both my PCs.

Message 5 of 11 (1,703 Views)

Hero
I think there are newer graphics drivers for Nvidia. Can you try those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,695 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Invisible sims walking in the rain

Champion
I saw this happen in my game too. I watched a visible sim walking to leave the area. When they hit the spawn point, they faded out and I assumed they had left the area. But then I saw their footprints as they turned around and invisible walked to another spawn point.

Maybe this is just how sims have always “left” an area and been walking around invisible afterwards? I just never noticed before weather because you couldn’t see their footsteps without rain or snow before?
Message 7 of 11 (1,675 Views)

★ Pro

My driver is the most up to date driver, the DxDiag shows the correct driver, it just has the wrong date. I queried it with Nvidia and they said its windows using the dates for there drivers.

If you have pictures of Sims in your notifications you can right click them, this moves the camera to where they are in the neighbourhood, even if they are invisible.

Message 8 of 11 (1,659 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My driver is up to date too. I've also made sure that the game is using the right card. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,650 Views)

Hero
Added as needs input to see if more people are affected by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,594 Views)