[OPEN] [S] Hotdog costume offered for holiday although no Digital Deluxe

by Sozki

Original Post

Re: Child/Toddler sims won't "wear costume" they change into random cl

★ Guide
@crinrict I'm using the "wear costume" interaction on my sims not going through CAS. In CAS I have yoda, bear, and elf but I don't have either of those in the options for wear costume interaction.

Why is there only 1 costume option that seems pretty silly to me. I can recall my child sims dressing up as several star wars characters in the past when did it change?
Message 11 of 34 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yuk75 I checked mine. Monster works fine for me even though it's not showing in CAS (not sure if it's hidden and maybe from a pack you don't have) and the sausage does pretty much look like the hot dog one so that would be the bug linked above (should either not be an option if you don't have DD or make it work).

Also don't have more options than that either but I can't remember how it was. Maybe a mod that added more ?

EDIT:: The monster outfit should be a Base game PJ so it should work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 34 (816 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I don't have any clothing mods :D.

I have an idea why it's happening though. I got the free upgrade to digital deluxe on Origin, but once my free premium ran out I guess they revoked it but it's still "installed".

And this also adds another problem...2 days ago (LONG after the premium expired) I renamed my sims folder and revalidated the game because of several bugs (which are now fixed). This might imply it's installing it on people who used to have it.
Message 13 of 34 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yuk75 Could be but doesn't explain why the monster outfit doesn't fit. That looks like one of the PJs. Can you check the PJs in CAS if it's showing up there ?

<Trying to find out if there were ever more options

EDIT: I can find at least 3 mods that add extra outfit options. Alle the spooky ones are def not part and it seems also the elf and pirate one. So yeah, I think on vanilla you only ever had these options and if you had more, you probably had one of these mods.

Only thing left is the monster outfit that doesn't work for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 34 (798 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Hotdog costume offered for holiday although no Digital Del

★ Guide
@Sozki I have this issue too....did Origin give you free premium and then offer you digital deluxe and you installed it but didn't renew premium? I did that and I think that's how it came into my game because my sims used to be able to dress as a sausage so I think it must have been happening because of the free premium.
Message 15 of 34 (739 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Hotdog costume offered for holiday although no Digital Del

★ Guide
@yuk75 I do remember the free origin access offer at one point but I remember this happening even before that and I remember that I didn't upgrade my game on purpose because I knew I wouldn't continue the subscription
Message 16 of 34 (709 Views)

★ Guide

If the monster outfit is PJs then I misunderstood and thought it was playing up as well. But also note that the monster pjs don't display under costumes either so I'm not sure if that's really intended.

Message 17 of 34 (721 Views)

Hero

I think it is intended

Here's what it looks like. The name is PJ Monster.

Monster.JPG

If that's what your toddlers wear, then I'll merge this with the Hot Dog issue cause that's the bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (698 Views)

★ Guide

They do but they also wear it as PJs so that's why I was confused. Thanks so much for the help!!

Message 19 of 34 (685 Views)

Hero
@yuk75 Merged this with the hot dog costume then.

Thanks for confirming

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 34 (682 Views)