by Sozki

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Hotdog costume offered for holiday although no Digital Deluxe

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, Stuff packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry day, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have some season's expansion celebration going on which includes putting on costumes and have a (witch) kid to change into one.
What happens when the bug occurs? The kid changes into randomized clothing
What do you expect to see? Kid actually putting on the "hot dog" costume (or sausage, I don't know what it is called in English version)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a Harvest fest going on in my game and one of the celebration objectives is to change into costumes (kids have Yoda and Hot dog costumes as options). The Yoda costume works fine, but the Hot dog one just gives random full body clothes and shoes (picture)

Here's a link to save game

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Df6nA98yXmDFb2ckwRAqCyyh8n3szlrq

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 34 (3,279 Views)

Re: Child hotdog costume gives random outfits

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sozki Do you have the deluxe version of Sims ? Do you have the hotdog outfit in CAS ?

Is it an issue with witch kids or generally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (3,261 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I have Limited edition of sims 4. I'm quite sure that I at least used to have the hot dog costume but now it's not showing up in CAS. Or if I don't have it then it shouldn't appear in the "wear costume" options anyway?

Atm I only have witch kids, haven't tried it on others
Message 3 of 34 (3,252 Views)

Hero
@Sozki You need the digital deluxe for the hot dog costume. It was showing up for a while when it shouldn't if you didn't have the content but I think that was corrected.

So basically the issue here is that the party assigns the hot dog costume if you don't have dd.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (3,238 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Ok so the real bug here is that the game shows me options that I actually don't have
Message 5 of 34 (3,231 Views)

Hero
@Sozki yes, you shouldn't be able to change into a costume you don't have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (3,224 Views)

Child/Toddler sims won't "wear costume" they change into random clothes instead

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, magic, parenthood, vampires, laundry stuff, toddler stuff, and bowling stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell your kid/toddler sim to wear costume on Halloween, in my game sausage and monster costumes don't work and children only have yoda or sausage to choose from, and toddlers can choose to be an elf, tree, or a monster.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the kid or toddler is told to wear Sausage or Monster costumes they just change into random clothing that is the opposite for their gender.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a sausage or a monster costume.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yesterday I completely removed my sims game and reinstalled it and validated it....then I added mods back in groups to ensure nothing was going wrong. This problem happens with and without mods and I've only noticed it since this last update but it's been a while since I've had halloween.

When I tell my kids or toddlers to wear costumes on halloween they don't change into the sausage or monster costume they change into random clothing for the opposite gender. Included picture of sim after asked to wear sausage costume he changed into random girls PJs. He has also worn a girls formal dress and a girls everyday jumper. My female child has worn male formalwear as well. My other male child is changing into girls dresses as well. They always wear the opposite genders clothing, and it's random what they wear they aren't wearing someone elses clothing.

My kids are spellcasters and I thought that's why they couldn't wear sausage or monster costumes but my non spellcaster kids are also having issues.

Message 7 of 34 (3,232 Views)

Re: Child/Toddler sims won't "wear costume" they change into random cl

Hero
@yuk75 Do you have digital deluxe ? The Hot dog costume comes with that pack and shouldn't be offered in the first place if you don't have the pack.

Bit unsure which one you mean by monster costume.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (3,209 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure it says limited edition so maybe? I preordered so I have no idea.

On Toddlers they have the monster costume choice.

On kids it's specifically called sausage. I mention this because I do recall an actual hotdog costume so not sure if different. If I'm not supposed to have sausage can you explain why I'd only have Yoda as the costume choice for kids? Why aren't there more I am sure a few updates ago I could choose Leila and stuff like that?

Message 9 of 34 (3,185 Views)

Hero

These are the customs I have in CAS. 

What's showing for you in CAS ? Just Yoda ?

As you can see, they are all from packs, except the hot dog one (which is digital deluxe, not included in limited unless you bought that extra) and the yoda one.

If those don't show for you, are you missing any other content from packs ?

todlercost.JPGkidscostume.JPG

Could you post a picture of that monster outfit ? Need to check the holiday itself after lunch though.

It's def a bug that you can choose the hot dog costume on the holiday though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Hotdog-costume-offered-for-holiday-although-no/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (3,180 Views)