by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Holidays decoration doesn't complete

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete the decorate tradition
What happens when the bug occurs? The decoration tradition doesn't complete, even after decor the house with the decor box.
What do you expect to see? The tradition conplete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch for Realm of magic

The tradition of decorating does not work. After decorating it is not completed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (3,258 Views)

Re: Holidays decoration doesn't complete

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fernanda_l Tested this in my game and had no issues with it completing.

Did you test this without mods installed ?

Did you travel while the resolution was active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,223 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've had this happen on PS4 but it's because my attic decoration box is in the basement. As soon as my sims go downstairs where the box is, the tradition completes. The tradition doesn't complete if they are on the first or second story. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,211 Views)

Hero
@fernanda_l I can confirm what @PoptartJuniper said. Is that what you did ? Be on a different floor then the box when you put up the deco ?

I also tested traveling that fulfilled fine for me as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,183 Views)

★★ Guide

This happens about 10% of the time for me.  Usually to make it work for me if it bugs out I go into Build/buy and move the box slightly.  Bam. Completes.

Message 5 of 10 (3,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thank you very much!!! I will move the box, because it is in the basement, and test it! Thank you for your quick response. Yes! I tested without the mod (Mc Command Center) and dosen't work. I'm going to test putting the box on another floor, because is in the basement.

Message 6 of 10 (3,152 Views)

Hero
@EA_Cadefernanda_l Did it complete for you if you were in the same room ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,111 Views)

★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper 

I'll move my boxes. I had them on the 2nd floor and then moved them to the basement. I didn't make that connection. Thank you.

Message 8 of 10 (2,888 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes this is something I've noticed for a while now. If you click Put Up Decorations and if your Sim is not in the same room they won't get the tradition complete animation. Once you move them to the same room tho it triggers it.
Message 9 of 10 (2,870 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Holidays decoration doesn't complete

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue on xbox

Message 10 of 10 (533 Views)