by Alexmeteor

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Holiday Box: Description over Select Decorations menu

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to select the decorations from the box.
What happens when the bug occurs? The description falls over the menu's sections making impossible to select a specific kind of decorations. (See screenshot)
What do you expect to see? Being able to quickly select the decorations.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not really sure of how I can properly explain this issue, so here's a screenshot. All I can say is that the writing falls over the menu's sections making impossible for me to select just a kind of decoration. I apologize for the bad english. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (986 Views)

Re: Description over Select Decorations menu

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did some testing on this and it seems some of the choices have a bigger font or something. Test both English and Italian version. For Italian it was two of the options for me, for the English I found one that's not as bad as the Italian but also not good.

Deco.JPG

(Edit. No need EVER to apologize on how you speak a foreign language. Your englisch is just fine)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (962 Views)

Seasons: Foundation Decoration Filters Unavailable

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Kids Room, Backyard, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click the Attic Stack Decoration Box, click Select Holiday Decorations, and click Decorate Foundation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The filters (banners, bunting, lights, etc.) are not available for foundations.
What do you expect to see? The filters for foundations should be available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been experiencing this issue since I discovered the filters which was probably several months ago.  It doesn't have a huge impact on the game, since my sims aren't decorating that often, but it's quite annoying whenever I do have them decorate.  I want to be able to jump to a specific type without having to scroll through them all.  This bug occurs with or without mods / cc installed.

I can select the filters for other lot features, such as fences.

DecorationFilter1.png

However, for foundations, it's almost as if the title text is interfering with the filter functionality.  You can see the font is quite a bit larger here.  It defaults to display all types and none of the others are available for selection.

DecorationFilter2.png

This is what the text looks like for spandrels.

DecorationFilter3.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 4 (904 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Holiday Box: Description over Select Decorations menu

Champion

@Alexmeteor @crinrict It looks like this has been fixed. I just brought up decorations and was able to filter the foundation options.  The text is much smaller now too.

DecorationFilter4.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 4 (687 Views)