by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Having baby with Father Winter --> multiple babys for NPC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to have a baby with father winter, but upon having the wife pregnant, leave that household and play another so the sim has to auto birth (The game follows her to term and then she gives birth)
What happens when the bug occurs? Six/five babies appear (Depending if you give F.W a pet), only to disappear once you enter and leave CAS, or try to enter that household.
What do you expect to see? Fewer babies that stay put!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, so as said above, Father Winter is producing more than the set number of babies with his partner, throughout my saves this has happened since getting seasons, as it would since it's only him who carries this problem. 

Basically, I do population boosts via going into a household, making the couple try for a baby and then leave to go to another household, upon leaving F.W's household and allowing the pregnancy to go ahead in the background while i focus on other sims, the wife always seems to fill the house to it's limit with babies, so around 6 to 5, if they have a pet, she will only have 5, but if it's just her and her partner, then 6, the babies will appear in CAS when first entered but then disappear once you leave or attempt to go into their household to look at what's going on, or just play. 

This has happened since seasons release and is annoying for a story progression fan such as myself because it means I can't leave F.W as I can other sims, also it makes me worry that my main sim who I played throughout her pregnancy with his child, it worries me that her child with him might one day disappear as his other children have. 

Message 1 of 9 (3,440 Views)

Re: Father Winter baby glitch

★★★★ Guide
Perhaps a similar problem, but I've seen this with the Father Winter's Baby trait itself, and I'm willing to bet the issue is the same if not related. If you apply the trait to a grown sim, then leave them unplayed, those sims who have been given the trait disappear from the game as if they never even existed. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the trait itself.
Message 2 of 9 (3,335 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Having a baby with Father Winter results in multiple babys for NP

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (3,209 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Having a baby with Father Winter results in multiple babys for NP

Hero
Is this still happening ? Anyone know ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,923 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to my sim this week, with slight variations.

I left a sim pregnant with Father Winter's baby, and played her adult son's household. Afterwards, on the manage households screen her household clearly had a baby named Isabelle. I used the manage households to move out the ex-boyfriend who broke up with her after catching her with Father Winter, along with one of his sons. This left two spots in the household.

I played another household, and my sims ran into the mother on a community lot and my sim reacted as if he was seeing her go into labor. But she walked off the lot.

When I went back to her household, on the apartment selection screen the picture of her family had the bottle plus one to indicate there was a baby on the lot. But when I entered the lot, baby Isabelle did not exist, and mom was actively in labor. I played through the delivery, and she had twins. I have since left and re-entered that lot at least twice and Holly and Ivy have not disappeared. They are now toddlers. They both have the Father Winter's child trait.

Previous births while playing other households have been perfectly normal, even after Seasons was installed. Only Father Winter's daughter disappeared and was replaced.

Isabelle was born before I installed Get Famous and disappeared afterwards. I have all patches, expansions, and game packs and most of the stuff packs installed.

Message 5 of 9 (2,750 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Forgot to include - when mom was first pregnant there were seven sims on the lot, so only one baby could be born. After the boyfriend and his child moved out, and Isabelle disappeared, there was room for three, but when I played through the labor mom had twins as usual (lot has ley line trait).

Message 6 of 9 (2,747 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Having baby with Father Winter --> multiple babys for N

★★★ Apprentice

Im at the early stages of a Father Winter Glitch (After seeing the glitch I came here to figure out if it was common).

My sim married FW and got pregnant. I left the family to play another, and returned later to see a baby. I noted this baby (Wendy), and left them to it. I did not "make baby" another time, I simply left them as they were, with 1 baby. Played another household and again returned to the FW lot. Today Wendy is still there, she is a toddler and has the FW child trait, but has no relations! No Mum, no Dad (they are there, but not in her genealogy), and now there are twins in the lot (Valeria and Tiana). Twins which I did not create :/ These are both listed as daughters for FW and his wife. I have made both parents adopt Wendy as a care dependant, and left the family of 5 in order to play other households.

I will return later to see how this progresses. Bizarre, but intrigued.

Message 7 of 9 (2,541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having a different Father Winter genealogy problem.  My Sim seduced Father Winter and got pregnant.  He disappeared.  The twins do not have the Father Winter's Baby trait and on their genealogy they have no father. Just their mother and her line. He is nowhere to be found.  He is not even on the mother's contact list, even though their friendship bar was nearly full and the romance line was at about half.  He's just gone.  And the babies didn't receive the trait either.  I'm afraid I don't remember his name.  

I have several Father Winter's Babies-all different Father's.  Just for fun I downloaded a cool Father Winter's house from the Gallery and every time I find a new Father Winter, I move him into the house.  There are five of them now.  Four of them have children in my extended Sim family.  They all show either retired, or they have other menial jobs now.  None of them has ever died of old age, and as soon as I play them, even for a few minutes, they retire and there is a new one the next WinterFest.  I do this so that there is no blood tie for the next generation so they too can have a Father Winter's Baby trait.

Message 8 of 9 (1,079 Views)

Hero
@MixedBlessings Could you please create a new thread ? Doesn't sound related to this problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,052 Views)