by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Objects in hands affecting other actions

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, dine out, bowling night stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just let it run automatically
What happens when the bug occurs? After eating, my sims hold on to the plates and do other things. When they do other things with plates in their hands, the action always cuts off ( for example: go to bed, leave bed immediately). I have to click the plate in their hands to clean up. Then everything is ok.
What do you expect to see? They clean their plate or put down the plates automatically
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't play sims 4 for months. I came back, updated and this happens. Seems like it has bug much more than before. Take a short walk of dog and they just stand there and the dog becomes dirty. Take the shower of dog but it doesn't get cleaned, need three tries. Order meal and stuck standing there staring with the waiter...etc

moping with plates in hand.can't sleep in bed because of the plates, so he keep napping in chair.she wants to make coffee but continously stand there and think of coffee until I do some actions on her.

Message 8 of 21 (1,908 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Grand Meal Plate Stuck On Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Vampires and spa day, my 1st pet, toddler stuff, kids room, patio, kitchen and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? this happened on a new years celebration, prepared a ham grand meal, the plate got stuck on the sim. Not sure why though. The plate still has food on it as you can see in the SS
What happens when the bug occurs? uneaten dinner plate from the ham grand meal on New years got stuck in a sims hand..if that sim empties trash, the plat appears at the bottom of the trash bag he carries, and when the sim throws the trash away, the plate is still in his hand.
What do you expect to see? no plate stuck in the sims hand
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

As you can see, the plate is stuck in this sims hand.  After closing the game and reloading, the plate was no longer stuck in the sims hand

Message 1 of 21 (1,910 Views)

Re: Grand Meal Plate Stuck On Sim

[ Edited ]
Hero

How many times has this happened ? Can you reproduce it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (1,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thought you were on vacation? Standard smile I just got seasons, this was the 1st new year celebration I played...it has only happened once.  But no matter what I had this sim do, the plate stayed in his hand.  Only a exit/reload fixed it.

P.S.  I am trying to find someway to request wish list items.  Is there a forum I can post in about this?  The last forum I found had no option to make a new post

Message 3 of 21 (1,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Tomorrow :D

I still think the best forum for feedback and ideas is the officials: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

But you can also post in the game info forum. The new post button sometimes takes a moment to show up.

I'll tag this as needs input for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was at that site...and I am registered, but I cannot see anyway to start a new topic

Message 5 of 21 (1,860 Views)

Hero
At the forums, they have new member restriction: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know#...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (1,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

haha....I registered there a year ago...but only posted 2 times.  I uploaded it to the EA forum link you gave me

Message 7 of 21 (1,842 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Objects in hands affecting other actions

[ Edited ]
Hero

@stephone1016 I think this has been going on a while but the plates were simply not visible.

Do they go away for you when you reload the game ? It's probably also related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toddlers-still-not-sleeping-correctly-PC-only/td... and I think it's not only plates which is why I changed the title to objects.

Try resetting her to get rid of the plate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (1,864 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Objects in hands affecting other actions

★ Novice

Thank you for replyingStandard smile Yeah~ seems like it's similar to the toddler problem. Seems like he/she wants to secretly play tablets in the bed xD hmm... didn't reload during the bug. But I used to click the plates + clean up or using cheats to reset the person. Both of them fix the problem, but have to spy on every little sim often. 

All the best Standard smile

Steph

Message 10 of 21 (1,846 Views)