by RenegadeKittyOG

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] 'Go On Vacation/Travel' auto-completes immediately

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims who have the "Go on a Vacation or Travel" tradition are having the tradition automatically complete as soon as the day starts, without them having left the residential lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims who have the "Go on a Vacation or Travel" tradition are having the tradition automatically complete as soon as the day starts, without them having left the residential lot.
What do you expect to see? The tradition should only complete if a Sim travels or goes on vacation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure when this started happening, but I just noticed it in a new save when testing out new holiday traditions.

I've since removed ALL mods from the game, and the issue is still happening. I made a new family in Willow Creek, one is a spellcaster and one is a regular Sim.  I put only one tradition on that holiday, which was "Go on Vacation or Travel". In previous games, this tradition would only complete if a Sim left the lot. It is now completing as soon as the day starts, when the Sims are still on the lot, have not left, and have not attempted to travel.

Edit: Just tried this with another brand-new family I just created, same issue occurs - screenshot added showing him cheering about completing the tradition while he's at home. Regular Sim. No mods are in my game and were not in when I made this household just now.

Message 1 of 7 (863 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] 'Go On Vacation/Travel' auto-completes immediately

Hero
@RenegadeKittyOG I can duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (826 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RenegadeKittyOG : I ran into this problem myself a while back! At first, I thought that tradition was with LittleMsSam's Social Activities add-on, but on her Discord, we determined it was a game bug.
Message 3 of 7 (779 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight Thank you, I thought it was one of my traditions as well, but it persisted after removing everything and in a fresh save. I'm glad it's not the mods, but I used that tradition a lot to get my Sims out of the house.

Especially worse now because I went crazy downloading and making new traditions so I could have event nights, summer break, etc. Lol
Message 4 of 7 (767 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm I'm noticing this too recently, however when I used the 'travel/vacation' as a holiday activity shortly after Realm of Magic came out at that point I did have to travel to get it to complete, so it hasn't always auto completed.  

I'm on version PC: 1.61.15.1020, have all the packs and no mods/cc. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 5 of 7 (760 Views)

★ Guide

In my Opinion a "wrong" testset is responsible for the Vacation Holiday to be completed right away when Sims are on a Residential Lot or Tiny Living Lot.

I already contacted a SimGuru because of this: There may be an Issue with a Testset Snippet "testSet_Venue_Residential_Disallow_Actor". This Tests if the Actor is not on a Residential Home OR not on a Tiny Living Home. But i am pretty sure it should be an AND instead so that the Actor is not on a Residential Lot and not on a Tiny Living Lot. Since this Test is used for various Interactions/Holiday Tests etc pp. it will cause Actors to pass this test even if they are on one of those Lots.

I did not get any answer back yet but i will probably make a small fix these days.

Message 6 of 7 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I just wanted to report this is still happening after Patch 1.62, which fixed some travel issues but apparently not this one.

Message 7 of 7 (601 Views)