by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Gifting Freelance Programmer Gig Items

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Complete set thru Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim in Freelance Programmer career (base game) complete gigs to create webpages and mods. Find a Sim to give a "friendly gift" (Seasons) and find the flash drive (?) items representing completed gigs to gift.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is able to choose items that should not exist as gift for another Sim.
What do you expect to see? Not to find intangible items to use as gifts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Items to complete gigs for this career are technically crafted for a client in return for payment.
Once the gig is completed those items such as mods, viruses or video games are no longer the property of the active Sim. I confirmed these items were available to be selected from a list of things to give as a friendly gift.
The "flash drive" items are not physically in personal or household inventory and should not be available to gift to another Sim.
Gift 062420

At first I thought these items were available because of changes made by Eco Lifestyle.
However my test showed these items are not on the list to recycle.

Reference:
Programmer Sim Flashdrives by @emmagoble3 (Xbox One)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Programmer-Sim-Flashdrives/m-p/9252304#M32258

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 2 (831 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Gifting Freelance Programmer Gig Items

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think this is a conflict with the Seasons EP and the Freelancer career because I have never had this bug until I recently bought Seasons? Because of this I am unable to complete tasks for the Freelancer career.

Message 2 of 2 (494 Views)