by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S]Freelancer career promotion not registering for NY resolution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Kids Room Stuff and Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the freelancer career. On New Years, select "Get Promoted" for your new years resolution.
What happens when the bug occurs? Filling the bar and leveling up as a freelancer doesn't register as a promotion, and the resolution stays unfulfilled- no matter how many times you fill the bar and level up.
What do you expect to see? Either the 100% completion and raising of the freelancer career level is considered a promotion and it completes things, or I cannot select "Get Promoted" as a NY resolution at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's just a bit frustrating, because there's negative buffs that come with the end of the 7 days and afterwards. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,385 Views)

Freelancer not getting credit for Get Promoted resolution

★ Guide

Sim is a Freelance writer with writing skill maxed. On New Years Eve, I had him choose the Get Promoted resolution. He's gone through the entire progress bar and got the "raised his rates" message, and his level with Fighting Words has gone up. But the resolution does not complete. I've tried both UI Extension and MCCC mods to force a promotion, but the resolution does not complete.

With other careers, these same methods would trigger the completed resolution. Same household, same mods. Only the career is different.

I think this is similar to the Renaissance Sim aspiration problem I mentioned in an earlier thread. The Freelancer levels aren't being counted the same as other careers.

Message 2 of 6 (1,321 Views)

Re: Freelancer not getting credit for Get Promoted resolution

Champion (Retired)

This is likely because as a freelancer you can't really get promoted. You may be able to raise your prices as you become more known but at the end of the day you are still a freelancer as opposed to other careers where there are several levels such as in the Science Career where you start as a lowly tech and ends as the lead scientist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (1,309 Views)

Hero

@darkaudit 

Merged this with other bug report on this.

Trying to find some info if it's a bug, oversight or by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,291 Views)

★★ Guide

While true, and what I actually think happened, then we shouldn't be able to select get promoted as a resolution.  If there's nowhere to be promoted to, after all.  

Message 5 of 6 (1,274 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [S]Freelancer career promotion not registering for NY resolution

Hero
Added this as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,214 Views)