[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Flower stuck in kids inventory on love day

by Stettafire

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Can't add some flowers to flower arranging table

Hero
It should just purge the active Sims inventory but double check before you save the game (or make a backup)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 27 (1,781 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Can't add some flowers to flower arranging table

Champion

@crinrict wrote:
It should just purge the active Sims inventory but double check before you save the game (or make a backup)

Okay... will do. Thanks again!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 27 (1,775 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Flower stuck in kids inventory on love day

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs - All. Game packs - All except Strangerville and parenthood. Stuff packs - Cool kitchen stuff, laundry day, luxery party, perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky stuff, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1 - Wait for Love day Step 2 - Have kid give another kid a flower as a love day gift Step 3 - Attempt to sell remaining flowers in stack Step 4 - See how you can't select said flowers Step 5 - Attempt to drag flowers to another sim's inventory Step 6 - Notice how nothing happens
What happens when the bug occurs? Flowers are locked in kid's inventory until you travel or there is a change in household (such as a new sim moving in). Game reload fixes the problem until the next love day.
What do you expect to see? You should be able to sell or move flowers out of a kids inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Note: Other kid my kid gave flowers to was not in the household, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Message 13 of 27 (1,693 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] Flower stuck in kids inventory on love day

Hero

HI @Stettafire 

does it just happen on love day or general flower gift giving ? What about other gifts ?

Also just for children ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 27 (1,680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just children as far as I can tell, my two adults didnt seem to have this problem. Will get back to you to see if it's the same for non-love day gift giving. 

Message 15 of 27 (1,646 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (1,613 Views)

Inventory bug?

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, get together, dine out, jungle adventure, laundry day stuff, spooky stuff, city living, get famous, get to work, seasons, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, backyard stuff, cool kitchen stuff, luxury party stuff, movie hangout stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. Maybe have a stack of something in your inventory and try to sell it...
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't sell what I have in my inventory. Can't place/plant it either.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to sell what I have in my inventory. I also expect to be able to plant it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims harvested her roses and had around 45 in her inventory and I couldn't sell the stack so I started selling them one by one. Now she has 15 roses left in her inventory that I can't sell OR plant. I get the arrow icon not the hand so I can't sell the stack or the roses individually and I can't place them in the world or plant them. I tried restarting the game but it didn't help... I don't know "how often it happens" as it has only happened this once... but I can't get rid of it so... 50%

Message 17 of 27 (1,654 Views)

Re: Inventory bug?

★ Guide

I've seen this happen when giving flowers as gifts. How ever many was in the stack when the gift was given will get bugged and become unsellable.

The only things I've found to do with them is give them all away or use them in flower arranging before harvesting more. 

Message 18 of 27 (1,627 Views)

Sims 4 selling glitch with an item

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs , for the game packs i have parent hood , vampires,dine out, spa day and out door retreat. for stuff packs i have my first pet stuff , laundry day stuff , toddler stuff , bowling night, vintage glammor, back yard stuff , kids room stuff , romantic garden stuff,movie hand out , perfect patio andluxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i went into the get famous world i go into where my sims lot is and i try to sell the roses in its inventory/pocket and it wont let me sell
What happens when the bug occurs? it wont let me sell the one thing
What do you expect to see? that the thing sells from inventory

So  ive went into game to try and sell and it wouldnt work ive tried repairing game twice and it didnt work 

Message 19 of 27 (1,589 Views)

Re: Sims 4 selling glitch with an item

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AllAroundAshley Did you try the 'purge inventory' option that Crinrict recommended? I have also had success by opening the stack and going to the flowers that are 'stuck' and for each one in live mode telling the sim to 'place in world'. The sim should then lay the flower down in front of them on the ground. Then you can drag it to sell to delete it... but don't grab and hit the delete button or it will just go back in to inventory.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 20 of 27 (1,551 Views)