Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Father Winter's Child Does Not Place From Gallery

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content thru StrangerVille and latest patch applied
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child with Father Winter that shows the trait Father Winter's Baby. Share the household to the gallery and place in another save.
What happens when the bug occurs? Father Winter's Baby in the original save where they are born is fine. When the same Sim is saved then downloaded from the gallery the Sim with Father Winter's Baby (FWB) trait will vanish once placed in game. That Sim is nowhere in the save.
What do you expect to see? Sim with Father Winter's Baby.trait to be shared to gallery and placed in another save without vanishing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As this may be rare and is related to specific circumstances (Clement Frost / Father Winter fathers a child) I am providing links to my Sim with that trait.
Subject: Brandene Boldfigure #EQCreations #FatherWinter #Boldfigure
First upload after birthday from toddler to child
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ADFAA27E475D11E98381033D2F3B18E4
HeirsSpares Boldfigure (Uploaded just after birthday from Teen to YA)
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CDA37E884A8A11E98F2E048C513C46C4
Household HeirsSpares Boldfigure YA with a twin (Beleena) created in CAS using the genetics generator in game.
Twin Boldfigure (Mom Berta  and Brandene FWB were played in game, Beleena is new with zero skills etc)
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/28AF17EA5D0C11E9839E6B74343DD635
Twin Boldfigure & Brandene Boldfigure households were tested in brand new saves and appeared to be intact.
When any of the above households were added to an existing save Brandene (FWB) vanished and was not anywhere in the world.

The whole idea was to be able to place her in other existing saves t play as a neighbor/friend/etc.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 3 (1,749 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [S] Father Winter's Child Does Not Place From Gallery

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict  I am going to call this solved. This is based on a recent (today) test with a household from @MapleSimmer  and my own.
Her household and mine both had Sims with the 'Father Winter's Baby' trait. Both households were successfully placed with all household members intact. If this issue happens again I will create a new thread.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,527 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

"Twin" (Left) and Father Winters Baby (Right) placed in a new save.

Father Winter Child and CAS Twin.png

Household on the right was placed in existing save and Brandene vanished when I went to live mode. (I was playing as another Sim)
Household on the right was merged with this household in the same save for testing purposes.
Again Brandene vanished when I went to live mode.

FW Test 2 Burp Murkland.PNG

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 2 of 3 (1,739 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict  I am going to call this solved. This is based on a recent (today) test with a household from @MapleSimmer  and my own.
Her household and mine both had Sims with the 'Father Winter's Baby' trait. Both households were successfully placed with all household members intact. If this issue happens again I will create a new thread.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 3 of 3 (1,528 Views)