by canelacaliente

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] [DU] Holiday Traditions Reset on Travel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Allout Game Packs: Spa Day, Strangerville, Parenthood Stuff Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Holiday Traditions Marked Inactive due to University Living Now Required for Sim to Complete when... - Have a Sim enrolled in university travel to a different lot Completed Holiday Traditions Marked Incomplete when... - Have a Sim enrolled in university and living on campus travel to a different lot - Have a Sim enroll in university on a holiday and move to a dorm
What happens when the bug occurs? - Completed holiday traditions are no longer completed - Inactive holiday traditions are now required
What do you expect to see? - Inactive holiday traditions to remain inactive - Completed holiday traditions to not reset on travel
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed patch: 1.59.73.1020

Updated for clarity.  There is no spacing on the form so it looks jumbled.

Message 1 of 6 (1,040 Views)

Re: [S][DU] Holiday Traditions Reset on Travel

Hero
@canelacaliente So this is only happening if you're moving the Sim, basically like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-S-Merging-households-on-holiday-resets-tradition... or also if you don't enroll in Uni and just travel to another lot ?

I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding this report. Bit lost in translation here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict I am only having the issue with Sims enrolled in University.

Message 3 of 6 (1,004 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente At the moment the move to uni or once they are enrolled on every travelling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (967 Views)

★★★ Pro

Both.  When I first enroll the students, the holiday traditions reset.  If I travel with a university student, the holiday traditions reset.

Message 5 of 6 (927 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [DU] Holiday Traditions Reset on Travel

★★★★ Novice

I play on PS4 and I've been having the same problem for quite a while. Sometimes the progress is saved and sometimes it isn't, as far as I can tell it's random, but I haven't paid much attention. 

I complete the traditions (they get the gold tick/background turns gold, as well as the action of 'Tradition Completed'), then either travel, exit/renter the game or go into manage worlds- pretty much anything with a loading screen. Once I got back into playing the household the entire thing is reset, or certain traditions have regressed (from a golden tick, or the background indicating that the holiday has been sufficiently completed to maybe a couple traditions with that partial disappearing tick and others blank).

Also, on big holidays sometimes you can complete just a couple of traditions for the background to turn gold, but once you go through a loading screen back to the household, the backround is gone but the traditions still completed. By the time the holiday is ended, the sad moodlet of a bad holiday with no or little traditions comes, but the gold tick/partial tick had still been there. 

This can happen on every household/save I have played with sims of all ages, and not just on holiday traditions but sometimes on event progress, too. 

Message 6 of 6 (559 Views)