[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Chilled moodlets in certain rooms when indoors (Patch 1.67)

by TokusaShi

Original Post

Re: Sims constantly change into their Cold Outdoor Outfit

Hero
@mayorbrenton Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 32 (814 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I am it's been happening since after the 6/10/20 patch

Message 12 of 32 (796 Views)

Hero
@mayorbrenton Could you test if it's related to a certain save or also happens if you start a new one for testing purposes ?

Think there would be more reports if it was something regular.

There is a report for inside the house in winter with thermostat though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 32 (782 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has been a general problem since seasons came out. Whenever it's cold outside (any of the cold temps) they will put on cold weather clothes when they're inside no matter if you have the heat turned on or not. If you manually tell them to put on normal clothes they'll keep that outfit till they go outside, but if they go out and come back in they won't change out of the warm clothes (which they did in Sims 2 and 3). On the other hand if you have the heat off and let the house become freezing, they won't put on warm clothes automatically, even when they're about to freeze to death.

Message 14 of 32 (757 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent yeah but this is about them putting cold wear on in summer as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 32 (753 Views)

Hero
@sundanceatebecca Do you have a thermostat and could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Thermostats-No-Longer-Work/td-p/9204056 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (717 Views)

★ Novice

I do have a thermostat. It does seem like that could be my issue too.

My sims were only changing into outerwear when I started up the game and when they came in from outside. Now they are putting it on when they get up and after showers and not taking it off.

Message 17 of 32 (704 Views)

Hero
@sundanceatebecca Going to merge this thread.

There's several on cold outfits inside though

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-change-into-cold-weather-clothes-inside/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Sims-wearing-cold-weather-outfit-every-time-game-load...

Maybe it's a mixture of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 32 (681 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Chilled moodlets in certain rooms when indoors (Patch 1.67)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except "Eco Lifestyle", "Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu" and "Nifty Knitting Stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the thermostat in winter is on
What happens when the bug occurs? Even with thermostat on, sims are freezing when they are somewhere else in the house (like the thermostat is in the living room but sim is in the kitchen and he have freezing moodlet) putting more than one thermostat gives nothing.
What do you expect to see? Thermostat works in whole house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I have bug in game

Thermostat:
Even with thermostat on, sims are freezing when they are somewhere else in the house (like the thermostat is in the living room but sim is in the kitchen and he have freezing moodlet) putting more than one thermostat gives nothing.

What I've did:

- Updated the mods

- Tried to check if it's the same without mods (yes it is)

- Repaired the game via origin

Is there any solution for those bugs?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 19 of 32 (888 Views)

Re: Problems with movies and thermostat!

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TokusaShi Please use this thread for the movie issue

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPIUT-MHSP-Progress-Bar-doesn-t-Move-while-Watching-Mov...

For the thermostat: Do you get a chilled moodlet or do they freeze to death ?

Please also update your game to 1.67.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 32 (873 Views)