Re: Problems with movies and thermostat!

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict they have "chilled moodlet" because i didn't waited long enough to let them freeze to death

Also my mistake, I've putted the wrong number in my game version

Message 21 of 32 (1,381 Views)

Hero
@TokusaShi That's one that's supposed to be fixed, hm. Do you have this in every house ?

Could you please edit your first post to make it about that issue only ?

There should be thread per issue and since the other issue already has a thread, it would be good to keep this on the thermostat.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 32 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Post is edited.

From what I've checked, it (bug) not always shows up. Like, I've just loaded my game and when sims had previously freezing moodlet, now they have this one about nice warmth from thermostat, but I had this also before- one time when I'm loading the game they're freezing, next time they don't and I don't get what this is about.

For now I'll probably turn off and on game every time when it will pop up, but still it should not be happening Frown 

Message 23 of 32 (1,362 Views)

Hero
@TokusaShi Here's the thread for the fixed bug for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-S-Chilled-Overheating-moodlets-in-certain-rooms-when/td-...

Would be good to know if there's any pattern to where it's still occuring

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 32 (1,339 Views)

Re: Sims constantly change into their Cold Outdoor Outfit

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this bug too! Maybe change the title on this thread, I don't know if the bug is from the termostat? (I didn't find this bug report first because I searched for things like: "Outwear / Outdoor / Cold weather" outfit / Clothes and "Sims keeping Outdoor clothes on after getting indoors", Or do I have another bug? The bug also occured in a house without a termostat). 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting KITS: Bust The Dust OTHER: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Have a sim wear their Cold weather outfit and be outdoors (change into the outfit by clicking on the sim or just make the sim go outside so they change their clothes)
Make the sim go indoors
What happens when the bug occurs?
The sim will not change into their Indoor / Every day outfit after getting indoors but instead keep the Cold weather clothes on. They will keep on their Outdoor clothes until they perform a task that requires a change of clothes (example: make them shower and the sim will change into their Every day clothes afterwards). The bug appears in the transistion between Outdoors => Indoors.
What do you expect to see? That the sim changes into Every day / Hot weather clothes after coming indoors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes / Maybe
Please describe the patch or change you made. 
Not sure, but maybe that this bug appeared (in my game) after one of the updates after Snowy Escape, maybe before BDK kit? (Nov 2020-Mar 2021?). I think I haven't seen this bug before that???

I tested with multiple sims on a new save file. I tested with/without the shoe rack (updated clutter item from Snowy Escape) on the lot. I tested with/without the termostat (Seasons EP) on the lot (the heat was on). It was Autumn season in the game when I tested the bug. The bug occured with both Young adults and Toddlers (I didn't test all life stages, but probably with all of them).

Message 25 of 32 (1,103 Views)

Thermostat not working and sims freezing to death

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cottage Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Blooming Rooms Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house on a lot with more than one room that has season changes, place the thermostat in the center room
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get cold/hot in other rooms that are not the primary thermostat room, thermostats do not work in other rooms other than the original thermostat first placed. Sims freeze to death or heat death. This was an old bug in the past and either it was never really fixed or it has returned.
What do you expect to see? Fix the bug, I really love playing with season's and hate the idea of having to turn off the weather to fix it. There is no work around other then to have your sims walk around in there outdoor clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this was an issue a few years ago, but I could not find any information on if it was fixed.  I am up to date on the versions and do not have any custom content installed.  I have been playing this save for a few weeks and this just started today.  I tried adding another thermostat to each room and it does not work.  when cold out sims become freezing cold very quickly, I had one sim die today.  I do not know what will happen in the extreme part of warm weather since it just started and it is winter for my sims.  I am going to try a few other work arounds but so far everything I tried does not fix the issue.

Message 26 of 32 (1,114 Views)

Re: Thermostat not working and sims freezing to death

★★★ Novice
@spend4zen I found one work around so far. If You leave the lot and go to world edit, delete the old thermostats and add new ones, then return back to the family and go into normal play the issue is solved. So for now add Thermostats from world build.
Message 27 of 32 (1,051 Views)

Sims getting "chilled" moodlets while insided

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Upto date as of most recent patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, My Wedding Stories, Bowling Night and Mochisno
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim be inside during winter with their normal outfits equipped and the thermostat on.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims getting the "chilled" moodlet despite being inside with the thermostat on.
What do you expect to see? Sims not getting the "chilled" moodlet and not getting the "freezing to death" warning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems this bug has made a come back, my sims are indoors with the thermostat on and they are almost constantly freezing to death. it is getting beyond a joke at this point. Like what's the point of having a thermostat if it's not  going to work? 

Message 28 of 32 (1,095 Views)

Re: Sims getting "chilled" moodlets while insided

[ Edited ]
Hero

@halloweenchild13 is that the case in all rooms or only certain ones like this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Chilled-moodlets-in-certain-rooms-when-indoors/t...

Threads got merged by EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 32 (1,042 Views)

Re: Sims getting "chilled" moodlets while insided

★★★★ Guide

From what I can tell it's happening all over the house, upstairs and downstairs. Though I can do more tests to see if it's only in certain rooms.

Message 30 of 32 (1,034 Views)