Re: Chilled/Overheating moodlets when indoors.

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except "pets" related
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a single building with multiple rooms. Place AC control by front door. Any back rooms will cause "Chilled" moodlet in sims even if "Heat" is enabled and "Overheating" moodlet when Cold is enabled during those respective seasons.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims die indoors even with AC/Heat enabled.
What do you expect to see? AC control should work for entire building.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims getting "Chilled" moodlet when indoors with Heat turned on and "Overheating" with cold turned on. Seems to occur more in other rooms. EX: AC control by front door and sim is in the bedroom/bathroom. Only seems to occur during the coldest/hottest days.

"Chilled" does not occur in rooms with Fireplace lit, but not practical to put a fireplace in every room. Also this doesn't fix "Overheating" problem.

Deleted and re-purchased the thermostat.

Occurs on multiple buildings, custom made and maxis made.

Deleted and re-placed all walls, ceilings, and roofs. Verified all rooms sealed.

Occurs on all saved games. With and without mods. Even on new games created without mods.

Also in some cases, sims get out of bed in upstairs bedroom and change into cold weather clothes before going downstairs. Building is verified sealed from outside.

Message 1 of 36 (9,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

[ Edited ]
Hero

● Sims should no longer get the "Chilled" buff when the thermostat is set to warmer.
- Unless you have a heater that turns on and off repeatedly due to a bad switch in the system, and then when it decides to fail completely, it just ignores input for about 3 hours, and then when you wake up in the morning you have to carry a heavy blanket with you… ah hm… nm

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

If you still have issues with Overheating (as this was specifically for chilled), please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you're still seeing this in your game: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Problem-with-thermostat/td-p/9641560/jump-to/first-unread-mess...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 36 (8,389 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Can you only place one AC ? Haven't really tried that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (9,710 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Interesting idea. Place one in every room? Doesn't solve the bug, but it's a decent temporary solution.  I'll give it a try as soon as winter rolls around in my game. See if that solves it.

Message 3 of 36 (9,701 Views)

Hero
Does it say it's supposed to be for the entire house ? I'm really unsure about this and haven't checked my game but you say it's in the room away from the actual AC so maybe they just have a certain radius ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (9,684 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I was thinking that, but I think it's more likely that Maxis's programmed detection of which rooms you're in, in custom buildings is faulty.  I'll test it, make a house with very large rooms, see if it's a room-based failure or radius-based.

In your real-life house, do you have a thermostat in every room in your house?  It's still a bug.

The house where my sim switched to cold-weather clothes before going downstairs WAS an odd design I did.  It was definitely sealed, but it was an upstairs room with open space below on the first floor. It overlapped on the main building by two grid spaces, but the majority of the room hung over open air.  That's why I'm inclined to think their detection protocols need some work.

Message 5 of 36 (9,675 Views)

Hero
Do you have your house in the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (9,670 Views)

★ Pro

I have a similar problem in large community buildings like Gyms. The game seems to think my Sims are outside when they are inside whenever the weather is very cold or very hot. I've checked and rechecked to see if there is a something obvious about the build that fools the game into thinking a space was "outside," but haven't been able to identify anything. Adding a thermostat fixes the problem, but I usually have to have my Sim turn it off and then on again to get the effect. I try to remember to have my Sims turn the thermostat to off when they leave and on when they arrive. 

None of my Sims live in large homes, so I don't know if size matters. Gyms are probably the largest building I play with. They often have large tall spaces to accommodate the climbing wall. 

Message 7 of 36 (9,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I didn't want to share it as it causes outfit problems. I can share it.

My game ID is Psychotps, lot is called "Psycho's Way".  Sleep in upstairs double bed in cold winter with heat turned on downstairs. Then go downstairs in morning. Sim will change into cold-weather clothes before going downstairs.

I completely deleted all walls, ceiling, and roof several times in an attempt to get it to work, never did. Thermostat description also says "... is able to accurately adjust the temperature of buildings of any size."

I was planning to expand on the building, but never got around to it with the chilled/clothing problem. Basement's not finished, it was a personal design thing just for me. Was playing a serial romantic who was an artist. Wanted a long hallway she could put up paintings she did of every sim she romanced.

This is the only lot I've created that causes my sim to change before going downstairs. Not sure what's causing it. I've created lots before and since and none have had that issue. Even placed the lot in different world saves.  Must be a design-bug with the game.

Message 8 of 36 (9,579 Views)

Hero
Thanks. I'll check it out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 36 (9,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I think that's what's happening with my "Psycho's Way" lot. Something is causing my sim to think they're outdoors when they are actually indoors. They keep changing into cold weather clothes indoors.

The "Chilled" problem is something else entirely. Not sure what's causing that. Even with thermostats my sims keep getting "Chilled" and "Overheat".  It doesn't occur all the time though so it's hard to track down. I had a lot that was notorious for having that problem, then I played it for two game years in a row and it didn't happen once. Didn't change anything.  I did set the thermostat between seasons...

... never mind about the last paragraph. I figured out why I haven't been getting "Chilled" indoors lately.  I forgot I wrote a tuning mod that removed the "Chilled" moodlet. It assigned the "Happy" moodlet instead of "Chilled" if it happened.

Message 10 of 36 (9,577 Views)