Re: [OPEN] [S] Can't plant most plants - too cold

by Kavi9548

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too, and I've had it ever since I installed Seasons. I've tried removing my mods and starting a new save. Neither works. If SimGurus are still working on this problem I will be happy to share my save file.

Message 31 of 73 (2,817 Views)

Hero

Just upload your save and send the link to Icarus. I do think more saves are appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 73 (2,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi again everyone!

We are still in dire need of saves. We have not able to reproduce this issue so far. Anyone willing to help?

You can find the instructions to upload your save here.

Thanks a lot! :D

Message 33 of 73 (2,721 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus I believe I've shared a save before, but I just experienced this in another save.  I did have the Simulation Lag Fix mod in my game, but I removed it, deleted my localthumbcache file and I still had the issue. Here's a link to the save. https://drive.google.com/open?id=130kMuoI-qVm8hpfhsg24NkAUR0EUOTvt

Thanks and regard,
Jennifer

Message 34 of 73 (2,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this issue as well (the new Seasons plants worked just fine but the older, original plants always gave me the "too cold to plant" dialogue) and I found the culprit in my game after going through my mods one by one. It was LittleMsSam_RetailOverhaul_FruitsAndCoSellable.package that was causing trouble. My version was very outdated so that's probably the biggest indicator (it was from November 21st, 2017 and the Update History Notes indicate that that particular feature was made obsolete with Patch 1.44.77.1020 around June 20th, 2018). Taking out this portion of the mod also seems to have cured my problem with live dragging harvestables from my Sims' inventories too! Hope this helps!

Message 35 of 73 (2,634 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We have still not been able to reproduce this, even with the saves provided thus far.  If anyone is still seeing this with the Mods folder empty, additional info and/or save files would be appreciated.

Info on how to send save files is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 73 (2,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do you still need save files? I just started to experience this bug with vegetables! I also have another bug but I don't know if I can describe it here or search/start topic?

Message 37 of 73 (2,384 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Elisse97

Yes, save files would still be helpful to us.

If you have a separate issue, please search for an existing topic or start a new one.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 73 (2,370 Views)

★ Novice

I just wanted to make a note here for anyone coming to this thread with the "too cold to plant" issue... MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM HAS A FLOOR! And by that I mean any of the place-able tile floors! I assumed I had an issue with mods or a bugged save, ended up trying everything to fix the issue, and it was as simple as ensuring there were floors to the room (I assumed having a roof and four walls would be all that was necessary - plus the painted ground options looked nicer for a greenhouse - but that assumption was wrong!).

Anyways I haven't seen this answer anywhere, so I wanted to add it to this thread encase it helps anyone else!  

Message 39 of 73 (2,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I found that for me selling the Gnomes I had on my property fixed the bug. (Not sure if gnomes are supposed to give seeds past Fall but that was also going on) Got tired of picking up seed packets so sold the gnomes and it let me plant the "to cold to plant" plants again.

Message 40 of 73 (2,279 Views)