Re: [OPEN] [S] Can't plant most plants - too cold

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

EA Staff

Hi @Pyrosandstorm

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 11 of 73 (3,149 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm I'm having this issue with one plant so far (tomato; ie it's saying 'its too cold to plant'). It is winter in my game, but I'm trying to plant in heated greenhouse in a planter (one made by my sim; but I just tried with purchased planter and a purchased pot and it made no difference).  I put out a blackberry to plant just before, which is also a summer plant, and the option to plant it was there and my sim was able to successfully plant the blackberry.  Note this is a new save I created post Seasons.  I took my only mod, MCC, out before I updated last Tuesday (and have never used cc) and I repaired my game post patch and again post Season's installation. I also clear my game cache regularly, usually before I play each time.  I have all the packs and my system is Windows 10.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 12 of 73 (3,121 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer Could you send Icarus your save :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 73 (3,082 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I will send the save, but will have to recover my save as I traveled outside the neighborhood with my sims and when I returned, the snow was gone outside, though it was after midnight (I've seen this reported elsewhere) and I now have to option to plant the tomato!  (FYI, I didn't have the option when I first opened the save, it was only after I traveled)

Would you like only the older version, where I couldn't plant the tomato or would you like both (ie as it is now with no snow outside but my sims now have the option to plant the tomato)?  This is the same save where I earlier had my two teenage sims (they are the oldest in the house) almost freeze to death, I also initially couldn't hire a gardener and my plants have only evolved to 'nice' even though I've been playing this save for one day less than a sim year (ie using 7 day seasons) and had most of the plants since early on in the save. My sims also have three spliced plants that don't show what's on them (I know there are threads for those things, I just thought I'd mention those things since I'm sending the save Standard smile ). 

Best regards, 

Jennifer

Message 14 of 73 (3,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Tagging @SimGuruIcarus for input what he would like.

About the snow .. I've only seen this happening when traveling to an active career lot. I suppose you just went to another hood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 73 (3,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@crinrict @SimGuruIcarus Here's the link for my save (this is when the household still couldn't plant the tomato because it was 'too cold' even though it was in a greenhouse Standard smile ). Hopefully it works as this seems a bit different than how I remember doing it in the past. Standard smile

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yz3NzdFep7mCULaWQJWB-0e-ip93RA1I

Jennifer

Message 16 of 73 (3,048 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have this issue on potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and onions. It is winter, however the plants are all inside. 

Other plants I've tried (which is a lot thanks to some very friendly gnomes) don't have the issue. 

cold.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 17 of 73 (2,973 Views)

Winter Plants too cold to Plant!

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to plant winter potatoes that I got from the seasonal winter produce pack. I wasn’t sure this was a bug till I bought some winter seasonal produce packs and couldn’t plant the potatoes in winter due to it being too cold!
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t plant the potatoes it’s greyed out and says it’s too cold
What do you expect to see? To be able to plant produce!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons patch/prepatch

I have a picture on my phone but it’s too large to place through my phone and your page so will have to edit the size on my Pc later

Message 18 of 73 (2,943 Views)

Re: Winter Plants too cold to Plant!

Hero

Hi @Sorceress2696

merged your post with similar thread. Think we can keep them together.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 73 (2,917 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [S] Can't plant most plants - too cold

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 73 (2,850 Views)