[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Can't graft with Seasons (different harvesting seasons)

by SJWmama

Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Can't graft with Seasons (different harvesting seasons)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, get together, get to work, strangerville, parenthood, bowling night, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? take cutting from tulip try to graft to chrysanthemum
What happens when the bug occurs? option to graft does not appear on chrysanthemum with only tulip cutting in inventory
What do you expect to see? ability to graft a combination of plants to create rare plant (in this case bird of paradise)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Seasons

I recently bought seasons and this is my first attempt at gardening since then. I assume the problem is that their seasons don't overlap but as grafting is supposed to be the main game mechanic to produce rare plants this is an oversight in the system that needs to be fixed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 2 (481 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Can't graft with Seasons (different harvesting seasons)

★ Guide

There are some things you can do about this, without cheating.  First, your cutting from the tulip won't go bad, so even if you have to wait for your chrysanthemum to come into season, you'll still be able to graft it.  Another option is to bring your plants under a roof, any roof- make a greenhouse, put them in pots in the house, on a covered porch, even just an overhanging roof.  As long as there's a roof directly over the plant, it gains a "sheltered" state, so it's always in season.  And unless I'm mistaken, sheltered plants are also more productive.  Just remember that sheltered plants won't get watered when it rains!

Message 2 of 2 (434 Views)