Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Can't Change Clement Frost Beard

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS modify clement frost, change his entire face, hair and beard included, exit CAS and play game, Clement's huge grey beard remains.
What happens when the bug occurs? Clement holds onto his big grey beard regardless of CAS modification.
What do you expect to see? The new beard I gave him in CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Don't judge, I wanted a more hipster santa clement and found a great outfit for him but when I tried to give him a more groomed beard the old one always remains in play mode. 

I do have mods but every removing them it happens as does starting a new cc free game... he just holds onto that sucker for dear life. 

It's not a game breaker but it is a non important aesthetic bug.

Message 1 of 21 (4,851 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Can't Change Clement Frost Beard

Hero

Father Winter will now be able to remove his beard and change in Create a Sim if he is part of an active Household. But who would dare shave Father Winter’s beard?? Who?!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 21 (3,019 Views)

All Replies

Re: Clement Frost Beard Bug

Hero
Might be on purpose though ? It's his signature ? Or is he not Father Winter anymore in your game ?

I'll test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (4,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

He still is Clement Frost, still father winter, all I did was trim him up and change his clothing for entertainments sake... and I like to give him the traditional santa hat option in hats section.

A new update, I try this daily lol, when I go into CAS it shows the beard I choose for him so it's only out of CAS that it reverts back, CAS remembers the change. All other features I'm able to mess with and they remain outside of CAS, it's just that beard.

When I exit it changes back to his beard but this time his beard is no longer grey, it's the new colour but it definitely will not display any other beard option.

Message 3 of 21 (4,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you add him to your household or just edit with the cheat ?

I def. see the same in my game. Going to tag this as needs input though to see if we can get more voices for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (4,739 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this exact same problem, has there been any ideas how to fix it yet thanks this beard just keeps coming back lol I know he's santa but cmon 

Message 5 of 21 (4,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Maybe the beard is part of the uniform?

People might not realise this, but his outfits in CAS (everyday, athletic, etc) are separate from the career outfit for Father Winter (which is a special NPC job role).

So when he's not working he should be in whatever you put him wearing in CAS, and on Wintersday when he appears out of a chimney he'll be in the default Father Winter outfit.

EDIT: I found that the Father Winter trait which he has for being Father Winter also includes some kind of forced appearance override for some specific CAS part (probably the beard but can't tell for sure).

Message 6 of 21 (4,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add him to your household! 

Then do the cheat: “traits.remove_trait FatherWinterBaby” then go back in CAS and remove the beard.

You can remove him from your household afterwords..

it worked for me! Hope it does for you! 

Message 7 of 21 (4,097 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m late to the party with Seasons on PS4, just got it recently.

First Winterfest had my sim have babies with Clement (two set of twins, they are absolutely beautiful). So since he had good genes, lots of simoleons which I lost entering CAS and great skills, and they we’re so cute and in love I added him to household.

Did a whole remake, aged him down to young adult, changed clothes, body type, aspiration, removed his extra clothes,  traits you name it. Including dreaded beard of course. It kept coming back no matter what I did, gray too on his now black hair.

So I finally figured while his kids got Winter Father’s baby traits, and he lost career being added to household there was still hidden trait overriding my CAS changes.

To fix this (only if you wish to keep him in household and not as Father Winter) open cheat box and type:

traits.remove_trait trait_holidaytradition_FatherWinter 

*Note that you don’t have to type testingcheats first, it will work anyway and adding/removing traits won’t disable your trophies. Also, kids will keep their traits as well.

Hope it helps someone, please don’t consider this necro posting, saw it as still open while looking for solution myself 🙂

Message 8 of 21 (4,000 Views)

Hero

Father Winter will now be able to remove his beard and change in Create a Sim if he is part of an active Household. But who would dare shave Father Winter’s beard?? Who?!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (3,020 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Still doesn't work for me. Tried to change the colour, but it changes back soon after I exit CAS.
Message 10 of 21 (2,941 Views)