by junkpilejennifer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Weather showing inside

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.16.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Island Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintagr Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday and Grims Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in the 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse. I have redecorated but I have not changed any outer walls, windows or roofs.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can see the weather — rain or snow — while you’re inside the apartment. It does not accumulate, and they are unaffected by the outdoor weather, but you can see the weather event on screen. I’ve had two different games where I’ve tried living in this apartment and it’s happened now both times. I uninstalled mods and it still occurs.
What do you expect to see? No weather unless I’m looking out the window.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit by crinrict: No changes, just fixing template

Message 1 of 16 (3,690 Views)

Re: Weather showing inside penthouse

Hero
@junkpilejennifer This is usually an issue of something not being closed properly. Maybe you deleted something by accident.

Could you upload your penthouse build to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,606 Views)

★ Apprentice

No need to upload to gallery. I just tested it with the base penthouse suite In another game file, not touching a single thing and you could see it raining indoors. Again, to clarify, the Sims don’t see the weather indoors, they’re not affected by it, but as a player I can see it. You can faintly see a line of the rain in this photo on the left of the image below. 

Message 3 of 16 (3,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@junkpilejennifer Could you hit c to take a screenshot and upload that ? Resize if ti doesn't let you upload. Might be a bit more visible

Pretty sure there have been similar reports in the past but that was more an angle thing and it rained outside but gave the impression of being inside.

I'll test my save.

EDIT: I really think it's just a visual thing and depends on the angle. The rain is outside. If you delete some of the big windows for testing, it doesn't look like it's inside for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,590 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@junkpilejennifer If the camera is outside the windows, the rain or snow will show. If you put the walls up and place your camera inside the walls the rain will not show anymore.

The rain shows at the camera, not where your sims are located unless you are in first person.

Message 5 of 16 (3,570 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hopefully these images show the snowflakes clearly -- I wish it was a blizzard when I capped these earlier lol. It only seems to happen in this apartment that I've tested -- I was just renovating 17 Culpepper today, the weather was snowing, and I had no issues. It's definitely this specific penthouse that I can see either rain or snow (although I have not tested other penthouses). I'm definitely inside the apartment in the two screencaps, not looking through any windows, not looking overhead, I'm looking straight on at sim level within the unit, and you can see that snow is not accumulating inside so the apartment is otherwise sealed. It's just a weird anomaly. 

Message 6 of 16 (3,542 Views)

Hero

02-24-20_11-21-45 AM.png

02-24-20_11-22-07 AM.png

For me it really depends on the zoom level if I see the snow or not but I'd say, it's outside.

Does it matter for you on which level you're on ?

What do you mean with specific penthouse ? On the one you renovated or the one that comes with the game or both ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (3,516 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I say specific, I mean this penthouse irrespective of customization, but not any of the other apartments that I’ve so far play tested (I’ve renovated 7 units over the past couple days). It’s happened in now 3 completely separate saves including base and I’m not sure why. I’m mainly just playing on the main floor for this particular save, but I did test it upper and lower without any modifications to the apartment on a different save. And I can be fully zoomed in and still see it, I could understand if I was zoomed out but I’m Not.... and it doesn’t matter where in the apartment I am, I see it in every area. The only mod I’ve had installed is MCCC, but I uninstalled it when I tested the base unit without redecorating and it still occurred. I can’t explain why you can’t replicate it. :/ 

Message 8 of 16 (3,484 Views)

Hero

Can you send me your save ? Upload to google or one drive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (3,463 Views)

★ Apprentice

brand spanking new game. Nothing installed at all extra. Attached screencaps and will send you the game file. 

Message 10 of 16 (3,442 Views)