Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

by xoChelleJoxo

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi.

I started a new game just to try to make this happen and luckily a pet won the lottery.

Playing a vanilla game, no mods at all.

The ghost dog of Brindleton Bay, Captain Whitaker, became a millionaire.

Uploaded the save files and sent a PM to SimGuruNick.

Message 11 of 37 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Is there any news on if this will ever be fixed? I have had countless non-active pets win the lotto and I have yet to ever have a single one of my sims win. How are pets winning, when a pet can't even buy a ticket? I mean, I know it's like everything else in this game, random event that happens that doesn't really happen, it's just a popup (and in the case of the lottery, the sim household then get the money. But everything else is just a popup, not really happening). That's what happens when you don't have open world or story progression. But can we please stop pets from winning the lottery? I'd like my sims to have an honest chance of winning, but how can they when pets are included in the odds, too. 

WinningKia.png

Message 12 of 37 (1,822 Views)

Hero

Hi @xoChelleJoxo 

Nick asked for saves on the page prior. Do you maybe have one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (1,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict I do have the save still, I'm currently playing it. I have saved since the cat won the lottery, would that be fine to send? 

ETA: It's been a bit since I shared a saved. Here is a link to it on my one drive. It was saved right after the cat won. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtwF44XUHClz4W7umUuC4q3Ne7_4

Message 14 of 37 (1,803 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to screen shot it, but Rosie the dog just won in my game, it's a new game I made yesterday. 

Message 15 of 37 (1,721 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to me since getting Cats & Dogs recently. A pet in an NPC household won. It comes up a lot on reddit, too (both on r/thesims and r/sims4), so I was prepared for it before I got the expansion, but didn't realize played household pets couldn't enter until I got the expansion. Next time this happens, I'll exit without saving and send the save in.

Message 16 of 37 (1,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have a lottery winning cat in one of my saves. He was a stray my household befriended.  A notification came up he was the lottery winner. He's now living with my family, but they didn't adopt him for his money, haha. He didn't come with  any money , not that I recall, but I might have shift clicked him into the household if no adoption option came up for him. They were going to adopt him anyway because they were working on building a friendship up with him before his big lottery win. I don't remember how long ago that happened, it was months ago but I didn't realize it was a bug!

Message 17 of 37 (1,691 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

★★★ Newbie

same thing happened. i posted on the r/thesims & it was suggested i send the screenshot Standard smile

Message 18 of 37 (1,667 Views)

★★★★ Guide
However, as of right now, the lottery don't know the pets are any different than sims, this is because they take up the same slots that sims take up, if you want to remove pets from the lottery you got to subjugate them to a lower species by giving them their own slots with limits on rules. I can't believe the Sims 4 wouldn't be able to run with 8 sims and 4 pets. That is why in TS3 pets never did win anything.
Message 19 of 37 (1,651 Views)

★ Apprentice

I suspect this problem might be fixed now after the latest patch?

They said that many many bugs were fixed and not all of them were reported in the patch notes.

I started today a brand new game and managed to get the lottery on the first week.

I had tried this a few times before yesterday but didn't get the lottery fast enough.

I bought my sim a lottery ticket, saved before the results, and then reloaded the save 10 times over.

Each of those 10 reloads a human sim won the lottery.

Has anybody else been able to test this?

Message 20 of 37 (1,607 Views)