Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play game, wait for the lottery day to happen, see if a pet wins.
What happens when the bug occurs? a pet, not a sim, wins the lottery
What do you expect to see? a sim to win the lottery, hopefully one day me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

so 2/3 lottery events a pet has won the lottery.

Just now it was...

11.png

The time before that it was Porkchop ... I didn't know this was a pet until I went to the vets and saw him there.

It didn't happen the very first time and that was the original seasons patch, I play a 28 season long game and it's my third time around and here I am losing to a pet again.

Unsure if this is intentional or a bug, I'm hoping a bug because how can a pet use the winnings?

Message 1 of 37 (6,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've been told that the team is not considering this to be a bug.

I've also been told that the active Sim always has the same (small) chance of winning the lottery, regardless of how many NPC Sims there are.  If the active Sim is not chosen to win, then an NPC Sim is chosen (and the NPC pool includes both human Sims and pets).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 29 of 37 (6,555 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

★ Novice
I have had the same problem, except no mods or cc
Message 2 of 37 (6,076 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

Hero

@Sakerra

was it Major Whiskers for you too ?

Could be cause he's an actual household that this issue occurs.

I'm tagging this as needs input to see how many people have it and/or think it needs changing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 37 (6,028 Views)

Champion
I've just had this happen.

I've had five lotteries so far since getting Seasons, and the first four winners were human sims, so all seems normal enough. Some interesting winners including the hermit from Granite Falls and a local native from Selvadorada.

But today I got the message that a dog won the lottery. She has an owner and they are an unplayed townie household I have in Other Households, so I'm just going to pretend the owner won.

It seems like any "sim" could be a potential pick for the game. Perhaps it should filter from human only? Although it's not that much of an issue if the pet is in a household with owners, as the money goes into the household funds anyway.

I don't have that many households with pets in the game yet though, so manybe the more pets I add, the higher the statistical chance of this happening again?

Also, are other stranger picks possible to win? For example are hidden sims excluded or included? It'd be weird if Grim Reaper or Jasmine Holiday won the lottery.
Message 4 of 37 (5,989 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had Whitaker dog (from bridelton bay) win the lottery when I went to look in households to see who exactly had won it was a dog. D:

Message 5 of 37 (5,939 Views)

[seasons+C&D] pets win the lotto

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter the lotto.
What happens when the bug occurs? i would say most times, however the chance a non animal wins the lotto happens but it rare.
What do you expect to see? a non pet win the lotto. how to animals even enter the lotto?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

How are pets even able to enter the lotto... if my sims pets can't, why can npc pets? What sense does that make? This happens far too often in my games. some radon dog wins the lotto. I have tested this with and without mods. but it doesn't fix it. I'd really appreciate it if this was fixed.

Message 6 of 37 (5,872 Views)

Re: [seasons+C&D] pets win the lotto

Hero

Hi @Abradley745 

merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (5,861 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've seen this recently, not with Mayor Whiskers, but pretty sure it was a random NPC pet (had 1 name). I've yet to ever have one of my sims win, and now my sims have to compete with pets as well. XD
Message 8 of 37 (5,847 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, if anyone sees it again could you possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 37 (5,761 Views)

★ Pro

Had this happen occasionally. Didn't occur to me it was a bug.

https://twitter.com/DizzyDee_K/status/1101197902192566272

D0axQbWXQAAnbPO.jpg

D0g9XBHXgAEvzT6.jpg

Message 10 of 37 (5,732 Views)