Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Blizzard: Sims walk like the need to pee instead of run inside

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except snowy escapes and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During a blizzard when sims want to run inside (autonomous action)
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of running inside the sims all walk around like they have to pee
What do you expect to see? The sims run inside
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent

Currently my sims are in the winter season, there’s a blizzard and the autonomous action is to run inside, however, my sims action is the same as when they have to pee on a very low bladder. I also noticed this in a different save when there was a thunderstorm. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added version number, adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 27 (3,579 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Blizzard: Sims walk like the need to pee instead of run inside

Hero

Sims trying to get indoors during a blizzard now walk appropriately. Stay warm!

Fixed in Patch 1.91.205/1.64

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (1,781 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims running inside action Broken

Hero
@candiecoatediv Could you please add your actual game number ?

Did you have this before yesterday's patch as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (3,541 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict My game number is 1.68.156.1020 and yes this started happening which I’ve noticed before yesterday patch but no before the patch right before that from last week?
Message 3 of 27 (3,535 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv OK. Mine have been acting normal before yesterdays' patch but haven't had to chance to play since yesterday so just checking

Could you try a game repair and delete localthumbcache

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (3,532 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I’ve done that and I’ve also tried other saves and I’m having the same issue. I keep all of my saves in separate folders on my desktop. I’ve tried three of them and they’re doing the same thing.
Message 5 of 27 (3,522 Views)

Champion

I was just about to report this too @crinrict .

Confirmed it's happening in my game too and confirmed what looks like an error in the tuning file for the "RunInside_Blizzard" action - it says to use the WalkPee walkstyle instead of whatever it is supposed to be presumably RunPanic walkstyle.

It's only on the Run Inside action for Blizzard weather. The run inside for rain and thunderstorms seems to look OK in the tuning files and those use RunPanic.

Message 6 of 27 (3,507 Views)

Hero
@simvasion Seriously ? Why didn't I see this. I did have a blizzard.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (3,493 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Blizzard: Sims walk like the need to pee instead of run in

★★ Guide

I've had this happen once, it was at the slopes when a blizzard hit, and the peewalking sim was pregnant. At the time I thought that maybe the game doesn't let her run around panicking because she's pregnant, so it somehow glitched and replaced it with the peewalking. I haven't seen it since, but winter changed to spring and summer in my game, so it's been thunderstorms instead of blizzards.

Message 8 of 27 (3,477 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Blizzard: Sims walk like the need to pee instead of run in

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, it is horrible, has anyone managed to fix it or know if it is due to some mod? Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 27 (3,435 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Blizzard: Sims walk like the need to pee instead of run inside

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this on PS4. My Sims were out in a blizzard/thundersnow on a hike and the run inside queued up with the hike, so the sims started walking like they had to use the toilet back towards shelter.

Message 10 of 27 (3,340 Views)