by ShinoTypeError

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Beekeeping - no treatment against mites

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try bee keeping with any Sim in any world.
What happens when the bug occurs? There used to be an option "treat against mites". It's gone.
What do you expect to see? I want the option back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm sure that we could always from the start treat the bees against mites which gave them the irritated moodlet. I have been waiting for several in-game days now and the option shows nowhere.

Message 1 of 6 (2,828 Views)

Re: [S] Beekeeping - no treatment against mites

★★★★ Pro

I take it back, the option finally showed of after several ingame weeks.

Message 2 of 6 (2,750 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@alanmichael1 I noticed that one. It appears sometimes but not every time.

There are two levels to their irritation. One can be solved by interacting, one by applying mite treatment. That should always get them "calm".

However sometimes they'll be irritated without having the option to apply treatment appearing.

It can be solved right away if you have testing cheats enabled. Just shift-click on the bee hive and you'll have the option to "apply mites". You can then click on it normally and apply the treatment to get them calm again.
Message 3 of 6 (2,727 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Psychotps Thanks for the good explanation!
Message 4 of 6 (2,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@alanmichael1I've noticed it happens quite often for me. If they're "Enraged", I'll always have the "Apply mite treatment" option. That gets them down to "irritated". I then "Bond" and they go calm.

However sometimes they'll be irritated and I won't have the option to apply treatment. I try to "Bond" but it doesn't get them Calm. If I just leave it like that, they'll be forever "Irritated". So, those times I just shift-click, and select "Turn on mites". Then a normal click will show the treatment. I select that and they're calm again.

I see it as a bug in the game. If I encounter bugs like that, I have absolutely no problem using cheats to correct the situation.

Message 5 of 6 (2,689 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bees can be irritated for other reasons than having mites. 

From Carl's Sims 4 Guide: 

While it isn't really the case, bees kind of have a social need. They gradually get angrier and angrier if you do not interact with them for a time. At first they're irritated, which increases the chance they sting you, but then grow enraged and a sting is near-certain. By interacting with your bees daily, you can keep that friendship meter up, and give them a sort of 'recently bonded' moodlet that keeps their mood Calm. Bees will sting you while calm sometimes but not nearly as often as they will when irritated or enraged. Getting your bees off enraged is a matter of using bond a few times, to get them calmed down. You'll have to endure the stings! This is the penalty for letting them get so upset. Sims who disturb your bees will also raise their anger (but get a playful moodlet in the process).

I've also read somewhere that very hot or cold weather can upset them if they are not kept in a greenhouse. 

Message 6 of 6 (2,675 Views)