by shadedgrey63

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Bee Box stuck in dormant, enraged state after vacationing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel with a Bee Box on the home lot, though it may only be tied to my having gone on vacation to Selvadorada
What happens when the bug occurs? The bees stay dormant, enraged, with no honey production after vacationing
What do you expect to see? The bees to at least be active again after 5 days, if still enraged. And honey production, though I suspect the dormancy is causing that one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'd expect it to have gone back to normal after five sim days, and I think I tried to reset it and that didn't even help.

Message 1 of 12 (1,268 Views)

Re: Bertie's Bee Box stuck in dormant, enraged state after vacationing

Hero
Have you tried replacing the box ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,253 Views)

★★ Guide

Yup, that “fixed” it, though you naturally lose the relationship. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,201 Views)

Hero
I assume it breaks again when you go traveling again ?
Haven't had a chance to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,195 Views)

★★ Guide

Yup, I just took another trip last night (day trips, haha - I’m experiencing both seasons and Jungle Adventure for the first time). The new o box seems to be stuck at calm/dormant/empty. Perhaps it gets frozen at its state before you leave for a trip? As are the plants, still not harvestable even though a day had passed, but at least they’re back to normal by the next day. And I was worried about keeping the garden alive while on trips.. 

I assume the temporary freezing of plants is by design, but it doesn’t seem to be temporary for the bee box. 

Message 5 of 12 (1,171 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @shadedgrey63

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 12 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Actually, it seems they became active again about a wee later while on vacation, first noticed when I switched control to a sim back home for a short time; I was surprised.  They were still active when I came back.  Standard smile Perhaps it had to do with their status before leaving? Wondering

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JY4CSxdeXu9yCXz58C6CDDHMQQxuUS4/view?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 12 (1,131 Views)

Hero

Hi @shadedgrey63

I tested this on my save and had no issues with them being in that state. Was that the state they had before you left on vacation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,064 Views)

★★ Guide

I believe so, as I left st 3-4am and was amused to find that they give off zzz when dormant.

Message 9 of 12 (1,052 Views)

EA Sims Team

@shadedgrey63

We were not able to reproduce this issue.  Are you still seeing this issue (without mods)?  If so, are there any other info or save files you can provide?  The bee box did not seem broken on the save that you sent earlier.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 12 (964 Views)