Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Routing issue when combining terrain manipulation with roofing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Build a room into a flat lot. Step 2: Create another room on top of the first one. Step 3: Create a hill in front of the first room in order to sunken / hide it from front. Step 4: Create a fenced porch on the top floor. Step 5: Place stairs leading to that porch. Step 6: Smooth the terrain or place more stares in order for your sim to be able to access to the front porch. Step 7: Place a roof over the house. Step 8: Go into live mode and try to make your sim access the house or just the front porch.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim cannot walk over the porch or even access the house. I cannot click on the room and if I click on objects on the porch or inside the house the sim is unable to access them.
What do you expect to see? I expect the house to work normally and to be playable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There is no cc in the house. 

I tried to make it work in a new save where I deleted all the CC from my game (even though I only use CAS cc) and it still didn't work ; I placed the house in a new lot to see if it was a lot issue but it was not ; I also saved the house in my gallery, bulldozed it and placed the file from the gallery into the lot and it still did not work.

However, I started it fresh in a new lot and tried to build it again from scratch while play testing the house every time I added something to the lot or the house. I did this in order to understand what was the source of the bug/glitch. And it worked, the house was playable until I placed the roof, once the roof was on the house my sim couldn't access the house or the front porch anymore.  The only way the sim could access the house was when it had no roof.

Moreover, it must be related to the terrain manipulation because my other houses work fine, it is just this one where I used the terrain tool in order to create a hill and hide the main floor from the front of the house that it is not working. I have other houses where I used the terrain manipulation, but I never used it to this extent, where I create a hill in order to hide a whole floor. 

You can find in this URL (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dAXjSEWtIt-k90Pw_h5SBC4MYbE0u6P1?usp=sharing) a video showing the bug in live mode and some pictures of the house. Also, there is other videos and pictures of this bug over my Instagram @simsrealestateyt

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 9 (2,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrain Manipulation + Roof tool = house not accessible

Hero

Sims are now able to route into their home after using terrain manipulation tools in their home lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,441 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hi @Monicabuilds

Can you upload the lot to the gallery so we can give it a look?

Thanks! :D

Message 2 of 9 (1,965 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruIcarus 

I do not have the original version anymore but I just build it again so you can check the bug (and I play tested again and the house still isn't playable). 
My origin ID is @simsrealestate and the house name is: Terrain Manipulation Bug

Thank you so much for looking at it Standard smile 

Message 3 of 9 (1,952 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Monicabuilds I've downloaded and tested the lot in my game and have experienced the same issue.  Will add to our list.

Message 4 of 9 (1,943 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Monicabuilds  @SimGuruIcarus just wanted to note that I also tried deleting the stairs and raised blocks, then flattened the lot and placed new stairs.  Still had the routing issues, which seems weird with a flattened lot.

Message 5 of 9 (1,934 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @BryonyRae 

Thank you for your feedback.
I also tested various levels of foundation because in a Sims Facebook group someone had a similar issue and had fix it by raising the foundation by a few slots but in my case it didn't work. It's why I reported this bug because I tried various techniques and the routing issues remained.

Yesterday I was kinda jealous because The Sim Supply posted a speed build of a house that has a similar concept but instead of raising the terrain he lowered it and the house didn't had any routing issues. So maybe it's related to the fact that I raised the terrain. I don't know ^^

Message 6 of 9 (1,913 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Terrain Manipulation + Roof tool = house not accessible

★ Novice

I (involuntarily) can confirm this, using a totally different lot. I had the same issues you described. The "Go here" button wouldn't even show up, but only where the roof is lower - I didn't have the problem in the very center of where the roof is and when I put in a higher roof the issue only appeared at the edges.

I also used a lot of clutter (mostly CC) and greenery (some CC), so I thought that was my issue. I randomly came upon a Google result regarding a bug in The Sims 3, which seemed similar. Someone commented "Id check to see if there is a roof line getting in the way since it is the third floor." and I thought I'd try it because rebuilding the room and removing the clutter from the house resulted in the same problem.

So, after much frustration and finally finding the bug I thought I'd make a report here. Unfortunately, I guess too few people had this problem as well, so I doubt any sunken house can have roofs anytime soon Frown

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that's it's not limited to just you...

Btw, my lot is the largest one in Mirage Park.

Message 7 of 9 (1,838 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Terrain Manipulation + Roof tool = house not accessible

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I also have this problem except I deleted the ground floor room, lowered the first floor down and added stairs to the front so I have a 'floating' platform with rooms set back on it.  As soon as I add roof pieces over the porch (on the second floor) to the build my sim can't access the porch and theres no 'go here' option. If the roof is only over the rooms it works fine. I've tried changing lots and still have the same problem.

I also don't have any CC/mods.

Message 8 of 9 (1,727 Views)

Hero

Sims are now able to route into their home after using terrain manipulation tools in their home lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,442 Views)