by OwlYouLove

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Rounded/Curved Deck has lines showing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, Spa Day, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a room without a wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? A lighting issue occurs where there is a hard line separating rooms that blinks. In some areas, it looks like the room is highlighted when it isn't.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not see a line. I want a smooth, seamless transition between rooms. This bug did not occur until the last update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the most recent game update.

I discovered this issue when using the curved walls to make a garden. I have used this method many times when building without issue prior to today. I have spoken with other simmers and they were able to replicate the issue in their own games.

Edit: I’m so happy to see another update without a bug fix or even acknowledgement that this problem exists. I pretty much only build on the Sims 4. I only buy expansions to build on the Sims 4. I don’t think I’ll be purchasing another sims game again because it’s very clear that game issues will persist without repair because EA only cares about what they can sell you and not maintaining their existing games.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,353 Views)

Re: Lighting issue maybe?

Hero

@OwlYouLove 

I tested this today and found that I had to use grass floor tiles to cover the floor of the curved porch section to even get close to blending into the terrain since the fencing disappears if you delete the floor.  Is that what you are doing?  And I also found that if you use a different terrain other than plain grass that it really sticks out like a sore thumb.  

Message 2 of 6 (1,265 Views)

★★ Novice

No, there is a strange glowing border that flickers around the room. On the right side (In the picture I included that shows two curved sections) you can see that one area appears to be highlighted because it’s brighter. This isn’t a different shade of grass, it’s literally glowing for some reason. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,235 Views)

Hero

@OwlYouLove 

Ok I went back in and looked at it again.  As best as I can tell is that there is a definite white edge showing along the edge of the floor tile.  And the floor tile does not match the underlying terrain.  I could find no exact match between any of the grass tiles and the terrains (long time complaint of mine).  Time of day and how much sunlight also made it change a little too.  So what I see in your pics and what I found in my game because of the color mismatch and the time of day and how much sunlight there is, that it stands out like a sore thumb at times.  I can't tell if it is glowing or just the color difference, but I do agree with you that it should be seamless. 

What would really be nice is if the floor of the porch section could be deleted and you take out the straight fencing you don't want without it making the curved fencing disappear.  Right now, it's an either/or situation.  That would probably solve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 6 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There used to be a way to delete the floor, but now the game won’t allow you to remove some walls without deleting others. This happened after one of the updates as well, though I’m not sure which. It would have been one of the Eco updates. 

I’m not sure why the lighting issue or discoloring or whatever only seems to be on one side of the lot. The other side looks normal with the exception of the white border.

Perhaps, if other builders notice more reports will be made and it will hopefully be patched.

Message 5 of 6 (1,207 Views)

Hero
@OwlYouLove Is this still an issue after the newest patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (620 Views)