[OPEN] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: At startup Sims always load outside house...has messed up gameplay for me

★★★★★ Guide

Did some fairly extensive testing and this is what happened:

Switched between three different households in the same game to determine what time they would go to work that day.

First household - two Sims went to work at 10 AM.

Second household - switched at 11 AM and one Sim was at home instead of work, the other Sim was visiting someone and not at work. Both Sims showed as late and took a work performance hit. Had to bring 2nd Sim home before sending him to work.

Switched back to first household. All Sims reported as being at home but when the home lot loaded, both Sims who had gone to work earlier were still at work.

Third household - switched at 3 PM. The only Sim who was supposed to be working was at home and showed as late. Sent him to work.

Switched back to 2nd household at 4 PM. Both Sims still working.

Switched back to 1st household at 4:15 PM. One Sim had returned home - other still at work.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. At *no* time were the Sims gathered in front of their house like they used to - but it seems I had to *send* them to work. They didn't seem to go on their own - but stayed at work once I had sent them there.

Message 30 of 102 (1,456 Views)

Re: At startup Sims always load outside house...has messed up gameplay for me

Hero

So looks like some work was done on this but it's not fully fixed.

Thanks for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 102 (1,558 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Rotational play causes Sims to no longer be at work

★★ Apprentice

This is a big irritation for me. I am fed up with having to tell them to go to work or to school although I haven't had any actual detriment to either happen to a sim yet. I also sometimes have sims which need to be told multiple times to stop doing what they were doing when I loaded the house in order to go to school/work.

I don't have the jobs EP, nor any mods or CC. It happens in my regular game pretty much every house switch and as all the jobs have different work hours it is impossible to avoid switching during those hours (and shouldn't have to...?)

It is maybe unrelated but when I switch across the house occupants also almost always have very depleted needs which maybe adds to their reluctance to go to work/school? The game doesn't seem to take good care of them in my absence :/

And one other thing which relates to this rotational issue. I once went to a house and found the toddler stranded on the roof, in an area where there were no doors and there was no access point for him to have got there by any reasonable means. I had to rebuild the roof to get him out safely :/ All these things relate to oddness that goes on when you rotate out and in, so I think they must all somehow be linked?

Message 32 of 102 (1,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I haven't played with sending a sim to work and then leaving the lot, but I have noticed that whenever I load into a lot with a sim who has a career, if it's during the hours they should be at work, they're usually just farting around the house doing their own thing. I try to save/exit the game when all the sims at at home. So it seems like I go play a different household, and when I come back to one with a sim that holds a job, they don't go. Unless I am actively on their lot, they don't go to work.

Ex: My sim works a 9A-4P job, M-F. I just loaded into their lot, it is Wed at 10:49a. He is sitting around doing dishes. No. Stop that. Go to work, you late bum.

My autonomy is at full so I assume that'd be part of it......

Very sad this has been an issue for two years and no fixes yet Frown

Message 33 of 102 (1,345 Views)

★★ Expert
hey. i couldn't find one, so made a new thread using the current format. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/rotational-play-causes-Sims-to-miss-work/m-p/6666706
Message 35 of 102 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you see the issue in your own game ? @unseenlarks

I left the old one on purpose cause the current status is a bit unclear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 102 (1,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

yes, i do! (sorry, i didn't realise your reason as to why.)

Message 37 of 102 (1,299 Views)

Hero
It's fine. I'm still unsure how to handle this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 102 (1,293 Views)

Re: rotational play causes Sims to miss work.

★★ Novice
THANK YOU!!

I have never installed any Custom Content and I have this issue too.
Message 39 of 102 (1,300 Views)

Re: rotational play causes Sims to miss work.

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi. Standard smile i made this thread kind of by mistake, because the bug is being discussed in depth here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Rotational-play-causes-Sims-to-no-longer-be-at-work/td-p/...

Message 40 of 102 (1,295 Views)