[OPEN] Rotational play causes Sims to miss work

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: Always late for work

Hero

Without switching families in between ?

I only see it if I play another family for a while.

Loading/reloading isn't an issue for me.

Did you try repairing the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 102 (1,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How can I repair the game crinrict? Does EA read these questions so they can make an update so these bugs go away?

Message 21 of 102 (1,728 Views)

Hero

Right click on the game in Origin and choose repair game.

They do read here but if and when a bug gets fixed is up to them. It depends on various factors such as severity of the bug and users affected.

It's always a good idea to hit the me too button on the first post so they see if something is widespread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 102 (1,716 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Weighing in on this issue.

This happens any time I load a game or switch households. It doesn't happen if I switch control between Sims in the active household.

It's really annoying because very often my Sims will be most of the way through their work day when I've switched and get a bad performance rating for the day as a result of this bug.

Message 23 of 102 (1,710 Views)

★★ Guide

Same issue here. Just loaded in after having to save and quit yesterday while half the family was at work. Three sims that should be working are standing outside the house, the two who don't have work today are inside where they last were. Didn't play other families in between. The three who should be working don't even get the button 'send to work' nor realize they should be at work, so that's them playing hooky without wanting to. I wish the 'send to work' button was always there, and not relying on the game's perception, since clearly the game's perception is hugely flawed.

Message 24 of 102 (1,689 Views)

At startup Sims always load outside house...has messed up gameplay for me

★ Novice

I have about 5 or 6 different household/families in my game and regularly switch between them during game play. However, what has been happening is that every single time I start up my game or switch households the sims (no matter where they were or what they were doing previously) end up in front of their house. Normally i would just deal with it however it has been messing up my game play. They sims get very unhappy (due to their needs not being met) and they are always missing work which has made my sims lose their job. Also if two sims from two of my different household are with each other previously either building a friendship or relationship and then I turn my game off and come back to it the data is normally lost. i've been searching the internet for hours trying to find a fix but every thread I have found has absolutely no fix! Please help its because very difficult to deal with!

Message 25 of 102 (1,688 Views)

Re: At startup Sims always load outside house...has messed up gameplay for me

Hero

Hi @imsuuchadreamer

I've merged your post with existing report.

It's by design that Sims stay outside your house if you play rotationally. The work thing is a bug (this thread). The need has also been reported.

Also relationship culling on acquaintances is also by design if you play rotationally. The decay being very fast now is something the QA is aware of. Here's some more info to that: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892376/relationship-culling-has-led-to-baby-neglect

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 102 (1,668 Views)

★★ Guide

Just wanted to say this work bug seems to be fixed as of 15 June patch.  I've now tested in 2 different files, with and without mods, and the sims correctly go back to work or school if that is where they were when you saved and exited.  Not tried rotationally 'cause I don't really play that way.

Message 27 of 102 (1,556 Views)

Hero

Rotationally is what the issue is and I'm pretty sure it's still happening for me but I'll double check

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 102 (1,547 Views)

Hero

I just tested and it was really the case that my Sim was still at work after switching.

I didn't play too long though with the other household

Tagging some people for feedback

@Hamsysincy @imsuuchadreamer @Lumiasta @JasonVega2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 102 (1,537 Views)