by peacemaker_ic

Original Post

[OPEN] Roofing Texture Not Seamless On Hipped Roof With Eaves Adjusted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This can be reproduced with the picture provided. Place a hipped roof segment next to a gable or half gable so they intersect creating a large surface of roofing. The texture tiles correctly. Adjust the eaves on the hipped roof segment to the default length of the gable roof peice then you will see that the textures no longer align. This can be seen with other combinations, but they all involve either the hipped or half hipped roofing segments.
What happens when the bug occurs? The texture no longer aligns and a visible seam can be seen.
What do you expect to see? Seamless texture with no visible seams like you see when using other roofing peices.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This occurred after the roofing overhaul patch that added new pieces and eave control to the game.

Something that may not bug everyone, but it's something I notice when I want to combine roofing pieces. Probably stemmed from how the hipped roofing by default has no eaves but every other type does?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (1,064 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Roofing Texture Not Seamless On Hipped Roof With Eaves Adjusted

★★ Guide

I've noticed this in game as well when creating an elaborate (for me) roof design.

It seems to depend on which side of the Lot the roof piece is facing for me though.

I've attached two pictures of the same roof but from different sides of the Lot. The outer corner pieces were made using the Half Hipped roof piece and the straight sections were made with Half Gabled roof pieces.

You can see that from one side of the Lot the textures match but from the other side they don't.

Message 2 of 2 (768 Views)