by SheriGR

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Roof angle changes on its own

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Backyard, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode: 1. Place a half gabled roof. 2. Tuck in all the eaves. 3. Raise the roof angle so that it is as tall as or taller than two stories at medium wall height. 4. Adjust the roof angle finely using the alt key, so that it does not line up with the steps that it would snap to otherwise. 5. Copy the roof (place the copy immediately adjacent to the original for easy comparison). 6. Resize the copied roof. This will slightly change the angle of the copy so the two no longer match even though they should be exact copies of one another.
What happens when the bug occurs? The angle of a roof segment changes upon resizing it.
What do you expect to see? The angle of a roof segment staying exactly the same when resizing it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

These screenshots follow the steps taken in "Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?" https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yBXrghXZjqPkkQ-DiPgbE6alijoRVGNi

Message 1 of 2 (504 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Roof angle changes on its own.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@FestivaaalSims May I first say that your directions combined with the excellent screenshots were very helpful to me. Well done.

I was able to reproduce the issue. The roof copies exactly - including the angle, but it does leave a slight gap/difference in the angle when resized afterward. This only happens at certain (not all) height/angle adjustments. The issue did not occur at all small adjustments to the angle/height, so a workaround for you may be to change the angle slightly until the issue is gone. Please view the video I made to see what I mean.

Videohttps://youtu.be/6f27zYaqXKI

Thanks, and let us know how it goes.

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread or bug report has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (445 Views)