Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Rocks/Dig sites et al not spawning in neighborhoods

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bedrock Strait/ Oasis Springs
What happens when the bug occurs? Rocks don't appear as much as they and where they used to, instead there is a lot plants in groups around the neighbourhood
What do you expect to see? The rocks appearing in the places they used to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 19, 2018

Basically, after the latest update from June 19, 2018, rocks don't appear in the places they used to appear (at least in Bedrock Strat), instead plants are spawning like crazy and I am not sure whether they will stop spawning. Last time I checked, there were five in the same spot.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 77 (15,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dig Sites

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

We would like to collect more saves for further investigation.

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 63 of 77 (4,737 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Rocks not spawning in neighborhoods

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @MarijaV95

saw other reports for the rocks not spawning so going to do some test.

As for the wild flower issue, was going to say there's an other thread for that but it's actually supposed to be fixed in today's patch: 

• Plants were growing a bit too wildly out and about in the world. We’ve scaled them back with some digital, organic, completely sustainable pesticide.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 77 (15,157 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Rocks not spawning in neighborhoods

Hero

Hi @MarijaV95

this seems to be one of these hard to replicate issues, 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 77 (15,123 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Rocks not spawning in neighborhoods

★★ Guide

I'm also noticing issues with rocks not respawning in the Skyward Palms neighborhood, the park, and the commercial district of Oasis Springs. A few but not all of the spots have spawned diggable dirt mounds instead.

I'm currently testing this in the upper left neighborhood of Newcrest. So far it seems that after the initial rock harvest, only two of them have reliably respawned over the course of a few in-game days. 

This may also be affecting frog-logs (though not pump wells), but I'm not completely sure. My sims only occasionally collect frogs, so I wasn't paying attention to where they normally are. 

Message 4 of 77 (15,065 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure about the other issues, I havent noticed a bunch of plants yet buy I never went neighbourhood hopping looking for collectables between the main patch and the most recent fix. I have to say though I BELIEVE the little dirt mounds are WAI since Dogs and Cats came out as I am fairly certain they are there as digging locations for dogs, but I can still dig them up too. I have to say I definitely have not noticed a lack of rocks in my neighbourhood, there seem to be about the same amount now as there was before, so not sure what this means in relation to the issue. 

Message 5 of 77 (15,039 Views)

Hero

Anyone still seeing this after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 77 (14,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the rocks, dirt patches not spawning issue. They’re spawning in my section of the neighborhood, but not elsewhere. 

Message 7 of 77 (13,569 Views)

Hero
@katiemcclure13 How long are you playing on those other lots ? The timer for them to appear only count when you are on the actual lot so you do need to spend quite some time for them to appear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 77 (13,546 Views)

My sim is only digging up limestone or time capsule in all neighbourhoods

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32.1.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Island Living, Get to Work, Get famous, Get together, Discover University, City Living, Cats and Dogs. Dine out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of magic, Spa day, Vampires Backyard stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, fitness stuff Kids room stuff, Luxury party stuff, Movie Hangout stuff, Perfect patio stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Spooky stuff, Toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When digging in all neighbourhoods only dig up limestone or time capsule. I am never able to dig up crystals.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is only able to dig up limestone.
What do you expect to see? Able to dig up crystals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, 

I am playing with a sim who is a spell caster. I'm unsure exactly at what point, but he used to be able to dig up crystals. One day he was only able to dig up lime stone or a time capsule. 

Ive played this particular game through a few generations. I don't know if this makes a difference? 

Message 9 of 77 (13,598 Views)

Re: My sim is only digging up limestone or time capsule in all neighbourhoods

Hero
@toopin Do you mean the rocks with the crystals don't spawn anymore or that you you always get time capsules from the crystal ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 77 (13,586 Views)