Re: Right clicking sim for camera following not working when in windowed mode

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Right-clicking to follow Sim doesn't work (drops)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into windowed or window borderless and right click sim to try to get camera to follow sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera doesn't follow the sim after right clicking SIM icon bottom left whilst in windowed or windowed borderless mode, but works as expected in full screen
What do you expect to see? Camera to follow sim as it does in full screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No mods, have repaired game, specs are met, never tried windowed mode until now so idk how long it's happened. Rarely the camera does stick to the sim but it is still quick to stop if you move the cursor over any UI

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (3,535 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Actually this only happens in windowed full screen, just windowed works fine too. 

Message 2 of 9 (3,461 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Got the same issue but right clic don't work in any screen mode for me

Message 3 of 9 (3,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MissPlumbob123 I can duplicate this but for me it works in windowed but and full but not windowed full.

As your OP is a bit confusing which mods work for you as the second post says something different than the first, could you edit that and make it clearer what works for me.

My result:

1. Windowed - Works fine
2. Windowed Fullscreen - Doesn't Work
3. Fullscreen - Works fine

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,445 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the confusion, yes that is correct i have the same, i use no mods. At first i thought it was windowed and windowed fullscreen that didnt work but now i realise only windowed fullscreen doesnt work, as i tested it properly now. Thanks!

Message 5 of 9 (3,417 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Right-clicking to follow Sim doesn't work (drops)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where it's occurring, along with your Config.log (located in your TS4 folder in Documents)? You can DM me the link to your files, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (3,376 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Right-clicking to follow Sim doesn't work (drops)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox and the camera will not find the sim when I swap to them

Message 7 of 9 (3,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem a lot lately. I click it, and then it works for one second, but it doesn't follow my sims like it is suposed to do. kind of anoying bcs I use this a lott

Message 8 of 9 (2,785 Views)

★ Guide

I'm seeing this too, but it only happens with the windowed fullscreen mode, the windowed mode and fullscreen mode both work just fine.  If I right click a sims portrait and make sure the mouse stays on the portrait it works fine, but if my mouse moves off of the portrait then the camera unlocks on the sim and stops following them.

Message 9 of 9 (1,102 Views)