Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Lot Types Change/ Business Funds for residential housing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So I got on after the update clicked on the family I have been playing on. Went to go to buy mode to buy some tablets and it was turned into a park lot with retail like stuff like selling of property
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant buy anything and not sure what else. Can't edit change the lot when my sims live there
What do you expect to see? being able to buy things
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after today's update. I've never seen this before

the picture is in build mode

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 74 (11,142 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Residential lots turning into other lots types

[ Edited ]
Hero

To solve this issue, do the following

For Uni Housing

• Select the house from the map and click on the three dots
  • Choose: Evict Household
  • Go to household manager and move them into a house (you can't move them back to uni housing until the next term)
  • Uni housing should be back to normal

For Houses

• Enter the lot in build mode and make sure you see the weirdness
  • Go back to the map, the lot will now show with a different icon.
  • Select the house from the map and click on the three dots
  • Choose: Sell business
  • Go back to the lot in build mode
  • Change lot type to residential.
  • All should be back to normal

As an alternative to selling the business, you can also just move the Sims out via phone or household manager)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 74 (12,688 Views)

All Replies

Lot type changed with new update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Vampires, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game in a different location than your family home immediately after update. Go home, then go to buy mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I return home from an outing that I was in the middle in from my last save, then go to buy mode, it says the family home I have always used is a lounge and that it is incomplete. I also cannot buy anything as it all appears in a red tinted box and says insufficient funds. My so called “business” funds which are $0 are showing overlapped with my household funds, which are more than enough to buy anything. After exiting the lot, the home now shows with the exclamation above it, as an incomplete lot.
What do you expect to see? My house remains a residential lot and I am able to buy stuff
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 2 of 74 (11,105 Views)

Re: Lot type changed with new update

★★★★ Pro

I had something similar happen after the June 3/20 update, though in my case my residential lot changed to university housing (the lot was originally a university housing lot, but I had changed it a while back).  It still showed as a residential lot when I first loaded the save, but as soon as I did anything in the save (loaded the household on the lot or loaded a different household) the lot type switched to university housing. 

The work around I did was to exit without saving, then as soon as I loaded the save again I moved the household out of the lot (to another empty lot) from map view.  Once I had done that, the lot switched back to university housing (incomplete of course because it had a stove and bbq); I then went in and changed it back to residential and moved the family back in and everything appears to be back to normal now. So far I've only experienced this in one save, even though I have a few saves where I've converted university housing in Britechester to residential lots that i now have my sims living in. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

PC: 1.63.133.1020, no mods/cc in my game, game repaired and localthumbcache file deleted

Message 3 of 74 (11,091 Views)

Editing residential lot turns lot to generic.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just updated the sims 4, I went  to try to add ladders to my households house, when i click buy mode while in live mode, the lot turns into a generic lot and the get to work register and currency is overlapping my household funds.(I can see my household funds behind it. It does not allow me to place any buyable items, or edit the lot whats so ever. I disabled mods to make sure and still happens after. you can see in the attached pictur how the business funds overlap it.

Message 4 of 74 (10,983 Views)

Re: home lot turned into park lot

Hero
@crazylilly41090 Can you move out and change it back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 74 (11,055 Views)

★★★ Novice
After the update and repairing the game i also have following issues: Residential lots are now restaurants, pet clinics, parks, bars,... and it’s not possible to change them back to residential. At neighbourhood the lots are still shown as residential lots.
There is also an additional fence in buy mode from get famous. It´s the same industrial fence as from get to work but only in white. I´m dont using any mods or custom content.
Message 6 of 74 (11,036 Views)

Hero
@Vlerrox For the fence, please use this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-GTW-Recolor-of-Don-t-Fall-Fence-as-Industrial/t...

Can anyone on PC or Mac send me their saves ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 74 (11,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I will try to send you the save game tonight because i´m in office currently.

Message 8 of 74 (10,997 Views)

Re: Editing residential lot turns lot to generic.

Hero
@xionjunior I merged your thread. Would you be willing to send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 74 (10,941 Views)

Re: Lot type changed with new update

★★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer Unfortunately I had already saved it. I didnt notice 🥺 im noy trying to see if i can move them out and change it. But wouldn't let me do it in manage worlds. So trying different way now
Message 10 of 74 (10,890 Views)