by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Renaissance Sim: Goals fulfill too early

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions except newest, most stuff packs (no vampires or other supernatural)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the renaissance sim career
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim had the renaissance career through My Story. She started at a level 3 and had worked up to a level 6. She also attended college. Just about the time she graduated college (3 weeks in) she hit achieve 8 in 6 skills. Suddenly she had mastered her goal and got full credit for everything. She never had a second job, so she should not have been able to complete the aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I expect her to have to do all parts of the aspiration to complete it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim had the renaissance career through My Story. She started at a level 3 and had worked up to a level 6. She also attended college. Just about the time she graduated college (3 weeks in) she hit achieve 8 in 6 skills. Suddenly she had mastered her goal and got full credit for everything. She never had a second job, so she should not have been able to complete the aspiration.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 10 (991 Views)

Re: Renaissance Sim

Hero
@GambleRose Which stage are you talking about ? Did she have stage 3 completed before she went to collage ?

To me it sounds like the classes may have counted. How many different ones did your Sim take ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (961 Views)

★★★ Novice

She began life on Sunday and started college on Tuesday with just stage 1 completed of her aspiration. She only ever had 1 job. Seems odd for college classes to count as jobs. 

Message 3 of 10 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice

She graduated from college, so she took 12 classes.

Message 4 of 10 (937 Views)

Hero
@GambleRose It does but it might be an explanation for what you're seeing.

Did you ever do any odd jobs ?

Guess this needs some testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (920 Views)

★★★ Novice

No odd jobs. 

Message 6 of 10 (906 Views)

Hero

@GambleRose 

While the sim was in college, did she belong to any organizations?

What counts as a job for that aspiration can surprise you.  My sims regularly have 2 of the 3 jobs completed when they are still teens.  Being a Scout counts and being in Drama club counts.  Basically, if anything shows up in the career panel, it will count as a job for the aspiration so if your sim got to the top level of something that showed in the career panel, that may be why your sim completed it.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 10 (877 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Renaissance Sim: Goals fulfill too early

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too. My sim had never had a job and had the Renaissance Sim aspiration, the aspiration goals for careers got fulfilled when he studied at university. It seems like each separate course counts as a career.

Message 8 of 10 (734 Views)

What careers are exactly included for completing Renaissance sim aspiration?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, I have 5 sims in my household, and 2 of them completed automatically Renaissance Sim aspiration themselves but actually, I didn't have them get any work until they complete this.

1. They are the 2nd generation from other game, so they graduated all high school.

2. One of them has now 9 distinguished degrees in Univ. He joined the actor career after completing this aspiration, so now he is an actor.

The other one has 2 distinguished degree in univ so far. But she has never had any job before, but she has many skills.

One thing is that she had just one job while I was trying the Eco lifestyle trial for 1 day and she was there, but I didn't buy it, so her job has gone completely.

3. They didn't get any part time jobs while they were teens. I asked this to these sims' owner.

I understand 'Achieve level 8 in 6 skills. She has level 10 in 11 skills but she didn't get any job after the Eco lifestyle trial. So I'd love to know what is included for completing the milestone, '3 levels in 3 careers'..? `i use only a couple of small bug fix mods. I don't use any mods related with skills or careers. I don't use MCCC either.

Message 9 of 10 (691 Views)

Re: What careers are exactly included for completing Renaissance sim aspiration?

Hero (Retired)

@aodoherty I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

As others in this thread have suggested, university classes seem to count as does any organizations.

Message 10 of 10 (670 Views)