by dirty_milos

Original Post

[OPEN] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Get To Work, Holiday Celebration, Luxury Party, and few others, I am writing from Ubuntu, and I can't remember them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? Five Sims from various households other than mine have frozen to death in a public swimming pool because it was winter. I have exit the game without saving. When I loaded the old save once again, five tombstones of those Sims have appeared in my household inventory, although it was an old save before their deaths occured, and they were still alive in that save of course. I can't destroy those tombstones, can't sell them, can't bulldoze them, they will remain forever in my household inventory. I have deleted the cache, but the tombstones are still there.
What do you expect to see? No tombstones in my household inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So why to write the same twice. 

Message 1 of 35 (3,120 Views)

Re: A Weird Bug With Tombstones

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have a backup you could load ? I don't think there's a way to purge the household inventory. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (3,066 Views)

Hero

Hi @dirty_milos

do you still have this issue ?

I moved your thread to tech for troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (3,019 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it just happened in that one saved game. I thought it might be interesting for the developers, it is a bit strange how an old existing saved game could be changed when the game progress was not saved.

Message 4 of 35 (3,010 Views)

Hero
Do you still have backups ? They would probably need a save from before it happen to replicate how it happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (3,005 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @dirty_milos

We would like to give that save a look if possible! Would you be willing to send it our way?

Here you can find out how.

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 35 (3,000 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I only have the save which includes this problem, if that's helpful, I can try to send it. I don't have a backup of the save from before this problem happened, so it can't be replicated.

Message 7 of 35 (2,986 Views)

Hero

Could you just send the whole saves folders. Maybe for the devs even the broken save is useful.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (2,973 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi again! Here is the link to the save, I hope it works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EI_w_OMQT5i2Brmg3S7myRLdhJIe3ciX/view?usp=sharing

Check out my Rose Blossoms character, it took me over half a year to create her through the game, I believe she deserves her own dedicated game pack, or at least to be favorited by Maxis. Wink

In her household inventory, you should find five tombstones of the still living Sims.

Message 9 of 35 (2,962 Views)

Hero
Thank you. I'll make sure it goes to the right person :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (2,956 Views)