Re: Save dying Sim, Exiting without Saving Progress results in Inventory Duplica

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't Remove Urn/Tombstone from Revived Sim

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd Yeah, it removes everything. You can move over stuff to another Sim, that's a bit faster.

Could also be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Reloading-the-game-while-Sim-is-dying-produces/m-p...

Did you do any game reloading ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 35 (1,287 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't Remove Urn/Tombstone from Revived Sim

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 35 (1,234 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too, but not with NPCs but my active sims. Have tried both killing sim in single household and one of four sims in another, both the active household. To me, this only happens when the sim dies when not on the home lot. 100% happening in two different save files when on uninhabited residential lot (tried 2 different saves, 3 different lots, freeze to death, overheat, electrocution).

Might happen on other non-home lots as well, I haven't tried it.

EDIT: I promise that the first time this happened it was an accident... 

PC, Vanilla, Swedish
Packs: GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, OR, SD, DO, PH, JA, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, LDSP

Message 23 of 35 (1,067 Views)

Save dying Sim, Exiting without Saving Progress results in Inventory Duplicates

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of Them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim is dying by accident. In effort to save The Sim, without going through Resurrection, Go to Manage World/ Exit to Main Menu without saving Progress. (Don't remember, which option I chose.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is alive, in previous Save, by not saving Progress in Exiting to Manage Worlds/ Exit to Main Menu. The Problem occurs when I reenter the Household again. Sims personal Inventory is now duplicated in Household inventory, alongside their Gravestone/Urn.
What do you expect to see? The Sims Items in personal Inventory of course. - No double up in Household Inventory, and no Gravestone/Urn either. - As The Sim never died in the former Save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It happened 2-3 times.(Out of 2-3 unwanted Deaths/Life Saving attempts)  It isn't a recent Problem, but I do ponder if Others have experienced the Same.

I don't like killing of my Sims. - But They do sometimes, by Themselves, do stupid things like start Drowning or Getting Electrocuted etc.

In attempt to save Their Life, I Exit to either Manage World or Exit to Main Menu without saving Progress. (Can't remember my Choice.) - And get Double up in Items in return. 

Haven't got any Pictures of the Household Inventory. I've deleted unnecessary Items (like my Undead Sims Harvestables/Collectibles/Spices and Whatnot's) due to reduce an unrelated Issue.

Message 24 of 35 (832 Views)

Re: Save dying Sim, Exiting without Saving Progress results in Inventory Duplica

Hero
@Compulsivian Sounds like an escalation of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Reloading-the-game-while-Sim-is-dying-produces/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 35 (824 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict Yes, Sounds exactly the same. I just get a Clutter of Personal Inventory Items too. The Topic didn't appear with the Words I chose for a search, Sorry.

Message 26 of 35 (810 Views)

Hero
@Compulsivian Nope problem. It's older and not on the list anymore cause it wasn't really popular.

I'll merge this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 35 (801 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I chose the option to return to main menu from the popup you receive when it's game over (not save and go to map view which is other option) then reloaded save to have the tombstone appear in the inventory. I didn't purposefully return to the main menu during the process, I went through the official path. 

Message 28 of 35 (726 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I play with no mods (PS4) and I have all EPs, GPs, and SPs installed.

My sim received a phone call from her boyfriend, inviting her out on a date. This happens around noon. I didn't know he was a vampire.

We arrive at his chosen venue, and I notice the sun is making him smoke, so I cheat his needs ("make happy") but he can't even make it into the building before bursting into flames and dying right on the doorstep.

Naturally horrified, I quit to the main menu without saving, then reloaded my save from the night before. I edited the boyfriend a little to make him sun-immune, then invited him over for Love Day. Things are going great until I open build mode to put up some holiday decor, only to discover my sim's boyfriend's gravestone in the family inventory. His name is on it and everything. He is also standing right in my house, very much alive.

I don't really mind, I think gravestones are cool. My concern is that if I plop it down in the yard, his ghost will come out of it and potentially mess up the game somehow, because living sims aren't supposed to have ghost forms, and we all know how good ghosts are at breaking stuff.

(Seriously WTF, if you had a good relationship with a dead sim, their ghost should not be breaking your sink every night, FFS. Nor should incense or the dryer catch on fire every other time you use it, nor should woohoo bushes cause your pets to repeatedly fight squirrels resulting in repeated (EXPENSIVE) trips to the vet multiple times every day. Especially if you live in Windenburg on the island, where woohoo bushes are EVERYWHERE but are un-deleteable because they're part of the environment outside the lot grid. Very annoying. I have to keep the cat indoors at all times, and can't even have a dog at all, because of this nonsense.)

I think the greater issue with the gravestones is that this indicates there's some sort of save issue. If I'm reloading a save from before something happened, I shouldn't evidence of what happened in my household inventory. I also frequently load up a save only to find that my sims are all standing up awake, even though I waited until they were all sleeping before I saved and quit the game for the night. Very annoying to come back to what should be a peaceful home, only to have evidence of your sim's un-dead BF in your family inventory, and the toddlers out of bed for no reason even though their energy is low and they were asleep when you last saved.

Message 29 of 35 (701 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Vampire gravestone appears in inventory after savescumming their d

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too, maybe 6m-1y ago.  Not sure of the timeline, but I'm still playing the particular sim's family for 4 generations now and she still has her own grave in her inventory.  I connected it with my savescumming her death.  At the time there was an issue with vampires hanging around autonomously outside, which in my observation has been fixed.  I can't get rid of the urn, it cannot be sold or deleted.  Placing it gives almost no options, as she is not really dead, besides it having her name on it.  Sorry this comes so late, it didn't effect me enough to research the problem, but I just happened to see this searching for a separate issue.  

Message 30 of 35 (677 Views)