by StarryMight

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Relationships getting reset

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? It is easier to list what I DON'T have, which are the Mochino, First Pet, Toddler and Backyard Stuff packs. I have everything else.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sims socially interact on a public / community lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stop what they are doing and reset, usually to a position or location they were in 30 second prior. When this happens, any improvements in their relationship status with each other will be erased or their relationship will completely disappear.
What do you expect to see? I had a Sim go on a date with an Alien Sim he had been courting for some time on a restaurant lot I made. Just was he was getting ready to suggested they go steady, both he and the Alien Sim reset to their positions when they first entered the lot. My Sim tried to ask the Alien to go steady and was rejected. When I hovered over the Alien Sim I learned that the romance bar gone and the basic relationship bar showed that, at best, they had just met. Different Sim, part of a family made in CAS, was talking to her husband on a community lot when suddenly they both teleported out of the cooking area (it's a Skill building lot with a kitchen) and into the art room, where they had been prior. They walked into the kitchen and the only social interaction they had with one another was "Friendly Introduction." I checked their relationship tabs and saw that they had no relationship with their children or each other. Thinking it was glitch with the lots I was making, I reloaded my last save and had them go to one of the pre-loaded bars, specifically the Rattlesnake Bar. After getting their drinks and sitting down to talk they suddenly lept out of their seats, their drinks disappeared and then they sat down with all their previous actions canceled. I clicked on the wife saw the only interaction her husband had with her was "Friendly Introduction." Checking the relationship tab showed that both had lost all relationship points (?) with their children as well. Finally, to test, decided to break my one rule and play an EA made family. I played the family in the base game with the super long hyphenated last name (sorry I can't be more specific. I think it is the Lee Smith family? I don't know) After a few in game days, the family was having dinner and then suddenly they all teleported to different rooms, came to the dinner table and could only introduce themselves to each other. All relationship bars set back to 0.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

These issues started after I installed Island Living and have continued through the most recent patch.  After updating to the 1.55 patch, I tested another family I created and have not played for a while.  They lasted less than an in-game day before their relationships were adjusted, however theirs did not drop to 0.  Their bars dropped to, I'd say, about 15% full.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (3,729 Views)

Re: Relationships getting reset

Hero
@Valnatron Are you playing rotationally at all ?

There's this thread but that's specifically to rotational play: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-forget-already-existing-relationships/td-p/6887782/

As you say the reset, do you have any lastexception files in your documents folder ? If so, could you please add them to your post (either make a .rar file and attach or c/p the content)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (3,718 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, I am not playing rotational play.  These were separate worlds / saves / games; my new Island Living Sim, a family I created when Get Famous came out and my legacy family.  They each exist in their own universe / save file BECAUSE of the problems encountered with rotational play.  :-(  Which is sad because I really want them to interact with each other.

As for the lastexception file, I will look for it and attach it ASAP.

Message 3 of 21 (3,698 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron Did you also test a completely new game to see if only your old ones are affected by this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (3,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes, that was when I played the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family.  I played for a little bit and, as I stated, when they went to have dinner the entire family was affected.

Now, I have since used the "repair game" option in Origin and the issue does not seem as rampant as it had been, though it is still happening.  I was able to play my Island Living Sim for about an in game week, sending him to different community lots with friends, and the relationship reset only happened once when he and a group of sims were at the karaoke bar.  When the reset happened, though, they only lost the relationship progress they had made while at the bar unlike in the past when they lost ALL relationship points.

Still trying to find that file you asked about.  Having trouble, though.  In what file would I find it?

Message 5 of 21 (3,654 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Valnatron : Assuming you're on Windows 10, look in Documents > The Sims 4 for a LastException.txt (I think that's what it's called) file. If you see more than one, upload the most recent one (which has no date in the filename).

Message 6 of 21 (3,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@StarryMight  Found it!  Thanks you!

@crinrict   Okay, I have tried 3 times to attach the file to this response and it is refusing to attach.  Should I just copy / paste the text here for you?

Message 7 of 21 (3,631 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Valnatron : You're welcome! Large smile Where's the file, though?

Message 8 of 21 (3,623 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight It won't attach. :-( I click the Choose File option and my screen flashes and it goes away.
Message 9 of 21 (3,621 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Valnatron : Oh? Weird...

Message 10 of 21 (3,619 Views)