Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Red and Purple Eye Colors on Children Mixed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with red or purple eye color, have some children in game (it works as it should in CAS)
What happens when the bug occurs? The children don't get the correct eye color
What do you expect to see? That a sim with red eye color, Doesn't have children with purple eye color, Unless one of the parents have it. And the same with purple eye colored sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was playing a perfect genetics challenge, With a red eyed sim.
And my sim had 13 children.
But the red eye color wasn't an eye color they could get, Purple was instead.
They either got the fathers eyes or purple eyes.
So i created a new save, To see if it worked there.
And Created a sim with purple eyes also.
And had Them have children with NPC's, To see if it Happened agian.
And the sim with red eyes had children with purple eyes.
And the sim with Purple eyes had children with red eyes.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Red and Purple Eye Colors on Children Mixed

Hero

Children should have matching eye colors of their parents now if both parents have purple or red eyes.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (835 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

The only way I know to complete that challenge is to make the sim a spell caster or vampire and use the occult eyes that was my work around 

Message 2 of 4 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

One of my toddler had the vampire purple eyes but has he grew up his eyes went "back" to normal. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,064 Views)

Hero

Children should have matching eye colors of their parents now if both parents have purple or red eyes.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (836 Views)