Re: "Read with an adult" is impossible (without constantly buying new

by justDawn069

Original Post

★ Guide

Alright, got the 'you need a new bookcase' bug too now. Had to sell ALL bookcases on the lot before reading to child worked again. (It's a household with four adults and two kids, and not one adult could read to any of the kids before I sold the bookcases)

Message 21 of 29 (520 Views)

★ Guide
@MeltingPenguins It's okay, you can also buy a new book instead of a whole bookcase lmao. You still won't be able to read the other ones but at least you have one to read.
Message 22 of 29 (499 Views)

★ Guide

tried that, didn't work either for me

Message 23 of 29 (477 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Did the book become unowned for you ? Do you still have a save from before you sold everything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 29 (455 Views)

★ Guide

I have a save from afterwards, I think, but that won't do, will it?

And i dunno if the book became unowned. I tried it via Open Bookcase and dragged a book from there unto the coffeetable, had an adult and the child sit on the couch and clicked the book with the adult. The option wasn't there until I sold all other bookcases. (it worked for the first book for the aspiration, but the second had this problem)

Message 25 of 29 (447 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Yeah, would need one from before. I take it the automatic backups are also already overwritten ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 29 (433 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, started a new game since, trying to get the hang of playing vampires

Message 27 of 29 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Buy a new book while on vacation worked for me... even though I had children's book in my inventory...

Thanks.

Message 28 of 29 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Is it possible that your sim sticky-fingered books from vacation and that's why they don't work at home?  I realized recently that my Sims had plundered the bookshelf of their favorite Selvadoradan vacation rental, leaving it with a single book.  I'd previously noticed they had extra books and that some of the duplicate books didn't work for "read to child."

Message 29 of 29 (260 Views)